Need Un-cured live rock!

beatlesfan

Ok i have not started cycling the 125g tank yet. I have been told over and over again that i should get un-cured rock and it wil lcure during cycling. is this true? And if so can anyone (short of giving me a link for this is against rules) point me in the direction to get some? I was planing on around 250lbs. If you dont think it will work ask hot he has 300lbs in his 125g.

fbm

Nothing wrong with that amount in your tank.
This site has great live rock just order it from here. About the cheapest you will find for quality stuff as well.

dskrezyna

Originally Posted by fbm
Nothing wrong with that amount in your tank.
This site has great live rock just order it from here. About the cheapest you will find for quality stuff as well.
From looking at the live rock/live sand section of this site, it appears SWF doesn't offer uncured rock.

shrmnator

you can set up a tank with established rock, established water and have no cycle u know... dont you?
Just be sure to introduce livestock slowly..
It would be like taking part of an established tank and just moving it..

ophiura

ANY rock that is shipped will need to be recured. Precured simply means that extra large things, like sponges are removed. You will absolutely need to cure any rock that is shipped.

natureboy

I ordered rock from a very well know

[hr]
site and it was definently not cured even though it said it was. Pretty cheap too.

ophiura

ANY rock that is out of water for even a couple of hours will have die off and should be considered uncured. Most sites that sell "cured" LR have just removed larger organisms that when dead would REALLY stink things up.