Need ways to help cool tank

tonynader

yes i do. Ive been try that but doesnt seem to helpful. Maybe only drops 1 degree. Is it harmful to freeze water bottles and let one or two float on the surface?

meowzer

NO, that's not harmful...BUT you do not want your temp to change quick....what type of lids do you have? Can you open the front? OR consider replacing them with something else.. BTW what is the temp running?

small triggers

since we only have 3 or 5 days a year at 95 or above, no need for a chiller. Just remove your lids and replace them with eggcrate if possible and put either the clip on fans or the small fans and put the blowing across the tank. I actually open my stand and use a large box fan blowing into my sump to cool it. Ghetto YES, works YES, much cheaper than a chiller i would only need to run 5 days a year YES. all in all, if you have less than one month of high temps figure out something cheap and easy. more than one month get a chiller

bill109

make your own ro/di ice cubes.
i just throw them in the sump when it gets hot and take the glass covers off and open the canopy. it is nearly impossible to just get your temp right down to target temp when u see its overheated.
the fan idea is a good one. i use one on my pico which has a open top and it keeps it nice and cool in this hot weather.

locoyo386

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3079146
make your own ro/di ice cubes.
i just throw them in the sump when it gets hot and take the glass covers off and open the canopy. it is nearly impossible to just get your temp right down to target temp when u see its overheated.
the fan idea is a good one. i use one on my pico which has a open top and it keeps it nice and cool in this hot weather.
This is close to what I do. I use a platic bag and freez Ro water (just in case it leaks) that way it stays as ice longer than the ice cubes. Good idea Bill109, by the way.