Need your ideas please

kogle

Hello all. I have a bit of a "game" for you.
Currently I have a pondmaster 750 GPH pump as my return on my 180. A friend of mine sold me a Mag 18 that I'm going to use in it's place but I think I'm going to have to add a second overflow box to keep up with the new pump.
Here's the game! Help me figure out what to do with the Pondmaster pump!!! It has to be used in the tank so I can't use it as a CL pump.
I was thinking about hiding it behind some rocks in the DT to be used as a PH on steroids but I was hoping some of you would have a better idea...
Let's hear em'

earlybird

Why do you have to use it, because you have it? If you put it in the tank you run the risk of that think sucking up your sand, fish, and anything that you intend to keep b/c I would think it would be hard to find a spot for other than on the bottom somewhere.
You could raise it and put it behind your rock and create a spray bar.

kogle

Yea it's more becasue I have it than anything. I thought about using it to mix saltwater with but that might be overkill....

reefforbrains

In a jet stream it will redecorate your tank for you. 750 GPH speads out almost unoticable if you put it in a spraybar. But is the pump submersible or can you leave it in the sump and pump it up the back? If it has to be in the tank then thats making more clutter in my opinion.

kogle

Well it's the current return pump so when I switch it out for the mag18 it will need to come out of the sump because the mag18 alone is probably going to out pump my overflows.
I could hide it in the tank behind some rock but that would make the sponge prefilter hard to get to.
I thought about using it as a small CL pump but it has to be submerged.

fishntx

use it in a closed loop to add water flow in your tank. or best of all just set it aside and have it as a back up, because believe me the other pump will go out one day and you dont wont to be running around trying to get another. just my opinion.

kogle

I have extra bulbs but I think I might just go with your idea for having a extra pump.
I'm adding an additional overflow to handle the flow of the new mag18 but even if I had to use the old pump with the added overflow I think I'd be ok.
Thanks fishntx!