Needs a good home

swtanks

The seam split on my shark tank and needless to say needs some major rework and a new glass panel. It doesn't look like I will be sinking the cash into repairing it and will just have the insurance cover the water damage to the house. The good part is my shark survived the trauma. Anyway, I had to move her to my reef to keep her alive.
The reef tank is too small (even with major rockwork rearranging) to house it long term.
If anyone can provide a whitespotted bamboo shark with a good home. Preferably 200 gallon tank or more, she is available for pickup in CT. Good eater, active, born in April, and just under 2 feet right now.
I can be reached at SJordanides@Sikorsky.com
Serious inquiries ONLY. This shark is active and cannot be housed in a small tank. I refuse to give her to anyone without at least a 200 gallon tank and suitable tankmates and experience. I would rather take a loan for a new tank than place her in the wrong home.
Email if interested. Thanks.

risc

If you have a local fish store thats willing to pack it for you. I can take it off your hands until you want it back. We can just use 1 day drop at the airport, should only cost about $40.
Jim

swtanks

Thanks. I think there is a LFS that would do this for me. I will let go there in the morning and find out. I'll keep you updated.

swtanks

Update.
I checked with one LFS. They tried to give me the shaft. This is what they quoted me.
Shipping $50
Box $15
Heat pack $5
Time and effort $35
Grand total of $105 and they wouldn't guarentee the safe shipment.
There is another LFS about an hour from me that I will check this weekend.

risc

HAHAHA.... no man... LFS will scam you. Boxes aren't worth $1.50. Think about how much paper goes into making your local newspaper and you buy that for $1.00 on Sundays. Heat packs can be had 5 for a $1.50 at any sporting goods store or Walmart.
Not to mention $50 is like FedEx shipping. If you want to guarantee live arrival of sharks it is best to ship them airport freight. It costs less and you can ship the shark from one place in the US to another within 6 hours maximum air time. You will get it the same day. I ship all mine that way. It just means you have to drive it to the airport and someone has to pick it up at the airport. But its worth it when you are dealing with sharks. You wouldn't want to be about the money you paid for them.
If they will stick it in a bag full of water and air for you, you can handle the rest yourself.
Jim

aquaman2

my pet store boards fish all the time just give him the empression you will buy lots of stuff after you get him back.

swtanks

The part that ticks me off is that I HAVE bought a lot of stuff from this place.
They know me on sight by my first name. If I didn't spend so much money there, they wouldn't have a clue who I was.
Talk about gratitude. Try and get me for more money because I'm in a bind. Really nice.

whipple

If you have another store around there tell them they just lost your business!!! I've had some small problems with some of the LFS and i dropped them like a rock and just drive a little farther for the quality and have since developed a better relationship with the new ( not so LFS ) but they understand customer sevice is a real value that customers seek.

swtanks

That's it!
Mail order for everything from now on. I hope these stores go out of business.
Anyway, decided to seriously rearrange the tank the shark is in now and hopefully within the next month have a new tank downstairs for her. Acrylic this time. Don't want to take any chances.