Nemo Found Me

belothsurf

.....Tonight I'm doing a little housekeeping in the tank, getting rid of a few snatches of unwanted hair algea, and maybe re-arrange a few rocks. I've got 2 false percs, that have made their home in some hair algea, instead of an anemone. Anyway, as soon as I messed with a rock close to their home, here comes poppa Nemo. He started biting me like it was going out of style........I've not giggled this hard in a long time. He's got a mean little bite, and he is only about 3 inches long. He started chasing my hand around the tank, everywhere. And normally my two clowns don't leave their little area in the center of the tank. I've had him about 6 months now. He was a baby when I got him. I got his wife a few weeks earlier, but her husband died an untimely death. I haven't named them yet, I've just called them Alpha and Beta.
Anyway, just thought I would relate this little story. I've had my first Nemo bite.
I think I will name him,...."Snapper".....seems appropriate....
:happyfish

C

crm13

hey.
I have a perc clown that did the same thing to me. I didn't have an anemone in the tank at the time, and he took to my red mushroom colony ( I now have a bta and he still loves the shrooms.) One day I was cleaning the tank with the siphon tube in there. I guess I must have moved the tube too close to his shrooms because he started swimming around my hand. I didn't think anything of it, kinda thought it was cool in fact; until he bit me. He got me right right between my index and thumb, that "sixth finger" area. And, yeah, it hurt. I heard that it's bad for them to draw blood (and they can) because then they will always bite you, but I don't know if that's true or not. Anyway, another time, he "reared up" and swam straight into the end of the siphon tube, backed up, and did it again. THUNNNNK. Killed the siphon. Now, and it's a good idea anyway, I use those aquagloves and put the big attachment back on the end of the siphon tube. It has been about 6 months since incident, but he still hates tubes of any kind in there, including the turkey baster. The funny thing is, he won't come near my hand if I just put my hand in there (say to do the algae clip, or a spirulina tab on the glass). It's just the tubes.