Netflix

rberhow

Anyone use Netflix or any of the similar online video services? We are looking into it but want to hear all the pros and cons.

bluegirl

I used the above service for about 6 months, I liked it. Didn't need to worry about getting to the video store before noon. I only discontinued it to cut expenses. The downside is sometimes movies you want to see are waitlist only, and you can only have I think three at one time out on the basic plan. I'd do the two week free trial if I were you to see if you like it, some do some don't. Good luck! :happyfish

27mtaylor

I've been on Netflix for over 2 years now. It works out pretty good for us. Occasionally you will get a bad dvd that has a scratch on it, but most of the time the movies are in good shape. I did have one come to me that was broken in half. I reported this and there was no action taken against me. One of the distribution hubs is just outside of Atlanta, so it doesn't take me long to get the next movie once I mail one in. My wife and I are happy with it.

dogstar

Ive been useing Netflix for a year and whats already been said is true. I like it and never will do the rental thing again. Got rid of most of the premium channels on cable so the money to pay the netflix was going to cable. Total for me each month is $19.07 and can average 15 + disc each month.

fishguy_40

yep, good stuff. about a three day turn around for movies in southern california. it seems like they are pretty forgiving on mishaps as long as you dont abuse it. ive had one scratched, one broken and one lost on the return leg, i was not held responsible for any. i use netflix by the way, very happy with the service and convienence.

kellyryan

I have Netflix. I really like it. However I am finding it increasingly hard to find time for movies as I have so much going on at once.

littlebuck

i use blockbuster and for 10.69 a month you can get one moive at a time and then ship it back once u are done with it and with in a day or two you hve anoher one. It works out well. I like it but dont watch enought of the movies anymore.

rberhow

Wow, I'm glad to hear all the positive feedback. I think we will give it a try. Thanks everyone.
BTW, Kelly, just wait till things get hot and heavy, you'll definitely be lacking in time for anything and loving it.

colorteck

I have been using them for over a year now with no problems at all. I have four kids so I basically just get what they would like to see.
No late fees is a +

nflnutswif

I know y'all were asking about on-line rentals, but we really like the new Blockbuster no late fee program. You buy into it for about $25.00 a month and you can rent or keep the movie for as long as you want. Say my son takes it in and gets what he wants. We watch it the daughter takes it the next day gets what she wants, we watch it. We'll take another day and get what we want. We probably get 5 or 6 a week and don't have to worry if we keep one for a few days. Does help when the store is only a block away!

kellyryan

Not all BBI participate in the no late-fee program. In fact, the video chain was just sued for false-advertisement about the said program. It turned out there were catches.
Besides, you want to punish BBI for the pain and fees it has put people through in the past. I root for the underdogs even though in this case the positions have reversed.
Yes I want BBI out of business.

petieaztec

Originally Posted by rberhow
I just love making men blush!!!

Yeah especially this one, acts all tough and is soft in the middle.

rberhow

Originally Posted by kellyryan
This one is hard all around. Everybody knows this.
Hmm, maybe a "little" too much information.

rberhow

Originally Posted by petieaztec
easy, new years resolution # 1 being clean minded!
I could never stick to that one. NO WAY, NO HOW!!! Its just too much fun and besides, a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.