Never agian...

alsie

Congrats: I said same thing but never checked to see if it stopped going into barrel. It did but the washer behind the float was cracked and RO water stopped going into barrel but ended up going on floor due to defective washer giver water a place to go.

dpdiver

ReefNut,
I did the exact thing when I moved into my new house. I even added a 2nd trashcan to have plenty of pre mixed Saltwater for my weekly waterchanges in my 10g and monthly for my 50g, it's a good feeling knowing the water is there for maintenance when you need it!
Milt

reefnut

I've been considering a 2nd trashcan for mixed water. Seams it would be nice to have on hand... just in case.
Do you guys leave your RO/DI units on all the time? I think I'm just going to fill the trashcan up once or twice a week so I can still utilize the DI bypass and the back-flush.

dpdiver

No I fill it up a couple of times a week. and shut it off. No need to run up the water bill! LOL Then I use a 2g bucket to transfer it to the second trashcan so I can measure the correct amount of salt to mix.
Milt

reefnut

The unit I have has a auto-shutoff valve that will automatically shutoff and turn on the unit with the use of the float valve but I still think filling a couple times a week would be better.