never buy from *****

ams153

idont buy from ***** anymore i stopped i just meant they gave me my money back a few times i do buy from an lfs near me thats run buy a guy whos had it opened since the mid 60s and knows a ton about every different fish he stocks and i trust him a lot and thats who i buy from now
Andrew:happyfish

liverock27

I wasn't trying to pick on you ams153, I did the same thing with a LFS by me (that is buying sick fish and returning them and getting new sick fish). It is great to have a LFS with someone that knows what they are doing. I have a LFS by me that is terrible and another one that can only order saltwater fish for you and they charge a ton.
also Andrew

muskyhunte

The LFS shop I deal with Shear Heaven in Allentown will not sell the fish they recive in until they have them in their tanks for at least 3 days. If a fish looks bad they will tell you I am not selling you that fish. That is waht you want in your LFS. to them it is keeping their customers happy. They want every one to have a sucessfull tank. PETC just dont care what they sell and to who they sell to.

aaron1983

I learned the hard way about *****! Evety stalwater fish I ever bought from there died from ick and took all my other fish with them. I bought a 4.00 scooter blenny 4 months ago and it killed about 100.00 worth of fish. Plus the people who work there think they know it all and dont know crap. I dont EVER plan on buying anymore fish from *****.

ams153

tahs very true i hate it when i go in there and ask somethin and the person helping me tells me the answer when they really dont know like if i ask what a fish eats theyll say oh itll eat anythin then ill go to someone else and theyll say its a pretty picky eater
Andrew

aaron1983

Yeah ***** isnt good at all. I usually have trouble with the people there telling me that gobies wont work with clowns and stuff like that. Again a bunch of crap. Then they will sell you a fish that actually wont work with the fish you have and say you shouldent have any trouble. The only thing I like at ***** is the lower prices of their salt.

wbilton

I've never bought anything at *****, because of what i read here, there are plenty of other lfs in my area.

duke13

Here's the bottom if you're going to buy from *****:
Have a quarantine tank handy because the fish you buy WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF DISEASE/AILMENT.

The only thing that you can buy from them are probably inverts, and I'd QT them too.
Sometimes I swear they just catch these fish from the wild, parasites and all.

muskyhunte

Last night I came home and my Niger Trigger was dead that I bought at *****. I had him in the tank for about 1 months and he was eating like a hog. NO MORE ***** FISH FOR ME.

nw2sltfsh

I have an honest question that may sound as if it is an attack and truly should not be taken in that manner. But at what point would the death of a fish be caused by other factors and not the location that the fish was purchased at?
For example I still have 3 three stripe damsels purchased from ***** to cycle my tank (and before anyone says anything this was prior to finding this board and reading about how horrible it is to do that to fish and the other methods avialable to cycle) it has now been 3 months and all are healthy and growign quite fast.
I have a ***** in my area that has a Saltwater fish addict working there and she is the best she will tell information and I will verify it with my LFS and so far she hasnt been wrong.
Of corse she did once refuse to sell me a fish, I assumed because of health and later found out that is was because she wanted it for her own tank.

My comment is honestly - when is the health of the fish no longer attributed to the location of purchase? Most LFS in my area will provide a money back or credit offer if the fish dies but it is only for a speccified period after purchase

muskyhunte

The ***** by me has no one working there that knows what they are doing. The sell fish that are full of ich and they just dont look good. I could see if some one who worked there said to me , hay dont buy that fish its not looking so good give it a few days. They just want to sell fish.