never ending battle

ross

I have a 12g nanocube, took out the stock pump and replace w/ maxi jet 900, made the casetee skimmer, made dual nozzles for alternate flow, added the stock maxi jet pump in the tank for flow, runnign 150w halide (just switched from 64w pc). The tank has been setup for about 3 months or so, it has prolly 10lbs lr. I have eggcrate lifted on pieces of pvc that the rock is sitting on, so crap doesnt build up under the rock. I do water changes about 2 times a week with RO water. My problem is stupid diatoms and brown algae growing. the tank holds 2 clownfish which i feed every other day, and a couple astreas and some bluelegs and scarlet hermits. I do not know how to get rid of this algae! any ideas at all?

jacksdad

PATIENCE!! Sorry didn't mean to yell. It took about 4 months before they decided to go away in my 24NC. Try a bag of Purigen in the rear chambers. You also might want to consider more snails, especially a turbo. They love algae, yum yum! If all else fail just grab it when you do a wtaer change. Good luck! It will go away, eventually.
bob

ross

Thanks Bob
I am trying to be patient, but its kinda hard. Im just getting worn out of doing water changes every 3 or 4 days and i cant stand my zoos not opening like they should.

luke g

well how is your ph and also you could have some phosfate growing int he tank making it grow algea