New 0.75 gallon nano!

nudibranch

I found a place to get them online for everyone who couldn't find it. Email me for the link and I'll send it to you ASAP. (If you send today you might not get it until 10-11pm PST) Also, if you want to see another one in action check out this thread
let me know
BTW they are 29.99 I don't know about shipping.

fishdreams

***** has two kinds, theyve got the candy one and also the moon glow. Is there a differnce in these besides the size? One is 5.5 by 5.5 and the other is 7 by 7. Hope somoene is still checking this out.

nudibranch

I've got the 5.5 one. It came w/ a 7W PC and a 16gph HOB filter. I'm currently running it stock except for the light. I have 2X13W PCs over it. I wont lie, they are touchy. I have to monitor mine daily for changes. It might sound foolish but an auto top off wouldn't be a bad idea. I do weekly or bi weekly water changes. I feed 1 drop of concentrated phyto a week.
Mines been running now for about 3 months w/ very good succes so far. Mostly I have zoos, but also a blast, caulastrea and sinularia. I haven't lost anything except for a xenia, but that one got sucked up the intake (not as well attached as I thought) and the propeller destroyed it. I just added some GSP to it aswell.
Get either one, I didn't see the 7" one. Kinda wish i had because of the water volume. I really like it. It's been really fun to work on. W/ maybe one or two exeptions it's as packed as I will let it be. Everything will grow out nicely and if shouldbe fantastic. Give it a shot!

fishdreams

THanks nudibranch, im definitley planning on trying it now. Does the filter provide the enough current for the corals? Also (this may sound dumb, but where do you get the lights small enough for the tank besides the one included).

nudibranch

Filter:
I only have the filter for flow. I thought about using a mini-jet, but was a little worried/couldn't justify getting rid of the extra water volume I get a little algae on the sides once in a while, but you can scrub this in about...oh say...2-10 seconds depending on how careful you are.
Lighting:
I went to an online dealer and ordered 2 13W retrofit kits (at different times way over paid for shipping because of my error). I built a little 4 leg "table" out of an 1"X8" (measuring 12LX8W1H) and a couple 3/4"-7/8" dowels (measuring 9"). Retrofited the 13W bulbs side by side (~6" wide) in their separate reflectors and positioned them so that the bulbs were centered in the "canopy".I then centered the bulbs over the tank and presto! 26W PC in an extreme nano reef. I have a couple pics that I'll be posting on my thread about my tank . That should be tonight or tomorrow morning. They are far away shots to get an idea how big it is. Keep in mind I used a quarter (that you can see easily) for scaling.

fishdreams

WOW! your tank is awesome, I just got mine at ***** today. I havent filled it yet but got it all set up, it looks great. Thanks for the info I cant wait to get it all set up. Good luck on your nano bty.

aquaworld75

Well i don't know if anyone is still following this thread but I ran into this post this morning and then just happened to go by the locally owned fish store on the way home and BAM...one of these tanks was there for only $19.49.
I don't even need another tank but i bought it :D
has anyone else found them this cheap??

aquaworld75

well i got the tank home and the acrylic had a small crack in the bottom so i took it back and they are going to get me a new one.....so now it will be a week before I can start but at least i got it for 20 bucks :)
I was all ready to go too...
oh well