New 10 foot in the wall tank

j carter

This is a new tank 10 ft in the wall its now half stocked with some nice fish been running for 6 months . I will post some nice pics here soon just wanted to show off the oak trim I done.

farmboy

Great job! That tank is SWEET!
What kinda fish do ya have/gonna have? Tangs would love the swimming room. :happyfish

huntoaks

J Carter,
That is really nice. Can you tell us who makes that tank and how many gallons it is??
Great Job!!!!

cowfishrule

if the gallonage is right, a pair of look downs would look sweet
either that or a real nice panther grouper, or sweetlips
a tank that big, i would keep it as a fowlr- i think it would look better.

j carter

I bought my tank from friend of mine his shop is in overland park KS Paradise Aquatics he has these made by a local guy in MO there very heavy duty extra thick I have a 395 gallon 10 foot long 24 w 30 tall In his shop there is a 20 Ft reef very nice.
Im into the larger Fish for now Big angels ,Puffers, I had a Sohal Tang had to trade him in to mean I like the Purple ones. All my fish are the ones I have had for a few years Large French Angel , Blue Face ,Queen Wrasse,Golden Puffer,large Zebra Eels,Assasi Trigger,Niger Long nose Hawk ,Potters Angel I would like to get a blue line angel or a larger orange tail emperor if i could find a nice one and hope they will get along.

talath

I love the sill! You can stand in front of the tank AND have a place to put your beer bottle while your friends drool like kids in the candy store.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by talath
I love the sill! You can stand in front of the tank AND have a place to put your beer bottle while your friends drool like kids in the candy store.

Heck, I'd extend the sill into a bar and add a few stools in front.
Great job on the tank.

puffer9006

that golden puffer what do you feed him? i would love to get one when i get my bigger tank. also what do you feed your blue faced angel?
your tank is one of the best ive seen. your fish are really nice looking to

bigb

Originally Posted by J Carter
I bought my tank from friend of mine his shop is in overland park KS Paradise Aquatics he has these made by a local guy in MO there very heavy duty extra thick I have a 395 gallon 10 foot long 24 w 30 tall In his shop there is a 20 Ft reef very nice.
Who is the local in Mo.?
It may be worth it for a road trip for me.

j carter

Originally Posted by puffer9006
that golden puffer what do you feed him? i would love to get one when i get my bigger tank. also what do you feed your blue faced angel?
your tank is one of the best ive seen. your fish are really nice looking to
The Blue Face eats greens now took a while ,he like Mysis, Angel form. green cubes, krill just about anything He had a bacterial infection a year ago has some face peeling behind his eyes trying to do anything i can to bring the color back I may post some close up pics and ask you guys think.
The puffer eats Krill thats his main dinner and some mysis ,every other month or so a crawdead thats like prime rib to him lover them they just dirty up the tank.

j carter

Originally Posted by BigB
Who is the local in Mo.?
It may be worth it for a road trip for me.
If your up this way you have to stop By Paradise Aquatics 7312 w 119th st Overland Park KS 66213 This shop is unreal he has a 12 foot display tank full of reef stuf, he has a petting pool 500 gal sting ray petting tank for the kids, there are over 6 3-500 gal reef tanks up and runing a 5 rows of tanks of fish its really nice.He has more large puffers than anybody I have heard off 3-5 Golden puffers Mappa's etc always in stock . They just got in some Mimic Octapus very cool.
There is also a smaller shop 20 minutes away in blue springs Mo called Fish World there a smaller shop but they have nice stuff to.

j carter

I Had a PM & wanted to show you guys the tank with the blue back ground and everything set up with the blue and white lights .

jerth6932

I think ya might be a bit crazy having it next to a pool table.... if you or your freinds are any thing like me and my friends, you will have a flyin cue ball, broken tank, and fish every where....

No but really THAT IS ONE SWEET SET UP..... I CAN FINALY SAY IT I AM JELOUS OF THAT.....(maybe more cause of the pool table but.....
, that is a nice set up, tank and all!!!!)