New 10 foot in the wall tank

j carter

Originally Posted by Whitey
Great Tank,
But I'm diggin the Chiefs Light above the pool table.
I miss Arrowhead.
Im a big Chiefs Fan super bowl next year lol lets see who can stop larry the best RB in the NFL. (Bradly logo?)
Phixer my tank acrlic I wanted glass but its so heavy & cost a lot more I hate how acrlic scratches I have to use extra care & I still scratch it some.
I Need some info I still have High nitrate's I have 10 gallons of bio balls and two trays in the sump I use for the carbon One MRC 3 Skimmer Its a fish only tank for now. no problems with any fish the tank has been going for around 6 months.

wax32

Originally Posted by J Carter
I Need some info I still have High nitrate's I have 10 gallons of bio balls.
You answered your own question.

Nice tank by the way.

phixer

Acrylic tanks require special care, no doubt about it. They cannot be treated like glass. Regarding your nitrate problem. Bio balls have been know to cause elevated nitrate levels. I know this isnt what you wanted to hear but check out this link, it elaborates on a previous discussion. This sounds like a similar problem to yours. http://www.melevsreef.com/reducing_nitrates.html

j carter

Originally Posted by KingSpade
can i have your golden puffer???

This guy is my show fish lol he is like a dog he comes up with all kinds of personality he even lets you scratch his belly these puffers are very fun I have had mine for 3 years and many more to come I would highly recommend one.