New 10 Gallon Nano!

reef dude

Here we go guys....
I just setup a 10 gallon nano-reef and this is how i did it, all within 2 days.
I used about 10 lbs of aragonite reef sand, and apprx 5 lbs of LS from the LFS. Then i filled the tank with water from my 90 gallon reef tank that has been up for a year and a half. I picked up about 7.5 lbs of LR (cured) which had a bunch of feather caulerpa on it. For filtration I have an aqua-clear mini with a filter sponge that i took out of my 90 gallon reef's sump, full of pods, etc, and also have a Zoo-Med powerhead with a prefilter sponge. For lights, I am using a quad 96 watt (2 10k, 2 actinic) PC light by Coralife. I plan on doing weekly water changes of 5 gallons or so out of my 90 and replacing it in the Nano....I plan on growing Xenia, and then having mostly LPS and softies...
How does this sound to all of you guys?? Please feel free to comment
-dave

reef dude

By the way, do you think I will even see a cycle since everything i've got has been in my 90 for over a year and its all RO/DI, calcium rich water??? the only thing not broken in i guess would be the aquaclear filter....

overanalyzer

Yeah I would doubt you would see much of a cycle if any at all. Sounds pretty nice!! Good luck with it and post some pictures!!