New 120g Build

the_hadleys

Well our dry rock is here!!! It looks great. 110 pounds of dry rock just have to wait for my wife to get home so we can put it in the tank!

tank and set up looks awesome man, have some good places there for a bunch of coral...do you have any ideas of livestock your wanting to keep?

the_hadleys

Originally Posted by ricericebaby
http:///forum/post/3221646
tank and set up looks awesome man, have some good places there for a bunch of coral...do you have any ideas of livestock your wanting to keep?
We are talking about what we wanna get. So far we are only sure on a couple of clowns and maybe a baby blue hippo. Lots of Ricordeas and softies.
gonna try and grow some pods so we can get a dragonet but thats ALONG time from now.

the_hadleys

So before this cycle starts and our tank starts to take off... I was thinking about upgrading our skimmer. Right now we have a Aqua C Remora (bad advise from a LFS said a 75g rated srimmer would be more than enough) to a AMS G2. Anyone use a G2? Likes Dis-likes?

the_hadleys

Did some tests today...
Magnesium -1600 ppm
PH -8.2
ALK -3.2meq/l
Nitrite NO2 -.2 ppm
Nitrate NO3 -10-15 ppm
Ammonia -.25 PPM
Refractometer - 1.026 35ppm
Calcium - 400 ppm

mech-a-nic

I got a G3 for mine it was a little more but i think it was worth it
its a 75 gallon sump i had to put it on a stand to hold it up a little higher

the_hadleys

Heh sorry for the non updates :(
Good news and bad news...
Good news is our cycle was complete. We gave it a few more weeks after our cycle before we added anything.
Bad news... in our 34g tank we have a crab that likes to knock things off ledges and out of their holes. He knocked our frog spawn off and when we picked it up it split perfectly in 2!!!.
Good news... One of the splits of frogspawn became our first coral in the 120g!
Over the past few weeks we have been adding one or 2 corals a weekend. So far we have a frogspawn, armor of god zoas, Aussie Brain Coral green, purple/green birds nest, a 2 Ricordea rock one is purple blue orange and green and one is blue and green.
As for fishies we added our first one as of yesterday. It is an African Flameback angelfish

Working on pics of the rest.