New 125

S

siptang

looking back at your pics, I'm surprised that your butterfly didn't completely wipe out your colts and your leathers. You must feed heavy lol.

tferrante

My butterfly has not touched the leathers. I feed a small amount of mysis, brine and clam variety soaked in a supplement daily. It will also compete for some algae from my pig of a sailfin tang. Whne I first bought my butterfly, it wiped out all aptasia in the tank in a few days.

tferrante

To be honest, it actually looks better in person. I keep the back glass clean to allow my blue background to show better. It makes the color in the fish pop.

S

siptang

I agree on the blue back ground making the colors pop and also on aiptasias. However my butterfly ate and spread my colts every where lol.

tferrante

I wanted to update folks on my 125 FOWLR. The tank is doing quite well, but I decided to sell my sailfin tang. It was becoming a bit of a bully especially towards my saddleback butterfly. I found a buyer with a larger tank than mine and is very careful with the husbandry of the tank. I am quite particular about selling my fish. In the place of the sailfin, I purchased a yellow eye kole tang (still trying to get a good pic) and a large angel (juvenile). Take a look at the pic and tell me what large angel you think it is from the juvenile state. I bought it as one species, but after studying it longer, I think it is another....please post your thoughts.

S

siptang

Beautiful fish. Which juvi angel is that?
blue face? or koran? I probably missed it but it's very pretty lol.

S

siptang

That's what I was leaning on too. Its a beautiful fish. I now want a fish only tank lol.

tferrante

I bought it as an annularis (blue ring), but after looking at it and many pictures of juvenile angels, I also think it is a blue face. I will keep folks updated as it grows. I like both angels, but a blue face would be awesome. I have had it for almost a week. It is eating well and also eating algae out of a clip. The cleaner wrasse has been busy as usual on all my fish keeping them clean. My biggest fear was having an outbreak of ick.....and is still a concern. My UV sterilizer always runs and the cleaner wrasse and fire shrimp clean the fish. I need to buy another cleaner shrimp as my passed suddenly a couple of weeks ago. I think the sailfin accidentally nipped it while it was cleaning it. All I know is there was a buffet of shrimp one night when I got home from work.
I decided this big tank will stay as a fish only for awhile and that is why I set my 37 up as a reef. I have another thread on that build. I can now enjoy the best of both worlds. :)

S

siptang

Awesome, now I want a fowlr tank again lol.
Only 150g or bigger to accommodate all these beautiful angels and tangs.

novahobbies

Yep, if I had the room I'd totally do a FOWLR as well. Love those big angels, true, but what I really wish I could keep is a Picasso Trigger!

S

siptang

Dude check outy avatar. I had one for yrs and it was my favorite.

S

siptang

Dude check outy avatar. I had one for yrs and it was my favorite.

S

siptang

Really? I never seen one do that lol.
You gotta love their personalities So... Rick.... why aren't you getting one? Mine just ate all the hermits and snails but long as they are well fed, they are an awesome fish. Mine even let me pet it while i fed dry krill.

novahobbies

Too many chances of it going after certain corals, but more than that....my planned stock list is pretty full. Don't think I should try adding such a large fish to a 4-foot tank that is admittedly already pushing the stocking limits in a few categories. I'll just have to admire other people's fish instead.....

tferrante

would probably prefer a 6' tank and/or less inhabitants in the tank. I looked at a trigger, but opted to stickwith butterflies, tangs and angels for my large fish.

S

siptang

Tferrente - looks you made a good choice because your selection of fish is great.
Rick, you are perhaps probably right. ... maybe lol

novahobbies

One day, when the "dream tank" (you know how I feel about that phrase) somehow materializes, and there's a 7-foot aquarium butting up against my 110g tank in a corner formation.....THEN I will get a Hummu. Of course you know the FOWLR will be the 4-foot tank, and the 265g tank will have to be a reef.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/391354/new-125/20#post_3509656
One day, when the "dream tank" (you know how I feel about that phrase) somehow materializes, and there's a 7-foot aquarium butting up against my 110g tank in a corner formation.....THEN I will get a Hummu. Of course you know the FOWLR will be the 4-foot tank, and the 265g tank will have to be a reef.