New 2 Aggressive Side, Need a Little Help (:

slackjawed

BAD ADVISE ?
JUST CAUSE WE DONT SEE EYE TO EYE MEANS ITS BADD?
WOW.I SURE U CAMPBELL ARE DOIN EVERYTHING EXACTUALLY RIGHT!!~~! WOULD PETA THINK SO?KEEPIN WILD ANIMALZ IN A CELL?I SURE HOPE NO BODY EATZ MEAT .THAT IS WRONG TO!!! EAT SOME MORE "VEGGIES" ULL GET NICE IN STRONG

sulley

welcome 300 c!!!!!!!!1 i am glad that u r asking for help instead of just going out there and buying everything then asking for help
. a ton of people here know a lot on aggressive and will give excellant advice on what fish can go together. they will be looking out for you and the fishes best interests. sometimes that means that you can not get ALL the fish you want but that is the way the cookie crumbles. you will still be able to have a beautiful and headache less tank. do some research on those who will give you the best advice and follow that(cambell is definetly one to follow as well as many others) just make sure heed the advice of those people and dont hear what you want to hear. you are definetly off on the right foot though and congrats.

ccampbell57

LOL...yeah that would be a very expensive snack for your croc. I had a croc when I was in high school in a 10ft tank. He got to 5ft and we had to give him to the local zoo.
He went from 12" to over 60" in less than 18 months. Fed him rats.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2525186
Thanks! It is a Clarion angel. It is one of the rarest fish in the hobby. I have a 180 and am upgrading to a 375+ this year. You can see my tank and all my inhabitants in my thread about my queen angel arriving :)
Good choice with staying with your frogfish. They are very cool. Keep in mind they dont need a ton of space, so your tank will look very bare. Think about some some other fish that can go with them.
As for the going south part. It has been an ongoing issue with some members of the forum (not just one). They inject VERY bad advise and take none from others. They are set in their ways and it will end up badly for them. Being short-sited in this hobby is VERY bad. You need to look at the end to see the present.
Welcome to the boards and we are here for your help.
AND IF IT ENDS BADD I NO CARE PLENTY OF$$ ONLY LIKE 2 K IN FISH NOW WILL START OVER AND DO THE SAME
THANK 4 THE WELL WISHIN

slackjawed

Originally Posted by RidnNa300C
http:///forum/post/2525203
slackjawed- Are you really gonna stuff them when they get bigger?

HELL YEA WHATZ THE DIFFERANCE IN GOIN FISHIN AND STUFFIN A PRIZE CATCH? I PAYIN BIGG $$2 GET THEM BIGG .THATZ SOUNDZ LIKE MY BEST CHOICE.

slackjawed

http:///forum/post/2525202
LOL...yeah that would be a very expensive snack for your croc. I had a croc when I was in high school in a 10ft tank. He got to 5ft and we had to give him to the local zoo.
He went from 12" to over 60" in less than 18 months. Fed him rats.
RATS HOPE THEY WERE DEAD U MEANIE HOW COULD U !!SHOULD FEED THEM VEGGIES.WHATS THE DIFFERANCE BUD O I NEVER INSULTED U SO WHY U INSULT ME?

ridnna300c

Sulley- Thanks for the advice, i really mean that. Ccampbell really does know this saltwater buisness but yea Sulley I use to have a reef tank and stuff and been in this hobby for about 2 years but never knew about this website. It's really cool website and whenever I need help with something yall have my back, That's whats up.
. Yea since im new to the aggressive side, there is no way ima just go out and buy fish that i sorta know about but not really sure if they can stay in the same tank together. Do you have a aggressive tank too sulley? Thanks again
Ccampbell- Yea i feed him cricket for now and right now he is in a 300 gallon tank so he gots alot of room to swim around and bask in the heat lamp we got him. We have him in our game room but when he gets to big for the 300 gallon im so making that another aquarium lol. The 125 gallon is in my room, right behind me so when i add whatever to my tank I get to watch them while I sleep.

slackjawed

RidnNa300C;2525214 said:
Sulley- Thanks for the advice, i really mean that. Ccampbell really does know this saltwater buisness but yea Sulley I use to have a reef tank and stuff and been in this hobby for about 2 years but never knew about this website. It's really cool website and whenever I need help with something yall have my back, That's whats up.
. Yea since im new to the aggressive side, there is no way ima just go out and buy fish that i sorta know about but not really sure if they can stay in the same tank together. Do you have a aggressive tank too sulley? Thanks again
Ccampbell- Yea i feed him cricket for now and right now he is in a 300 gallon tank so he gots alot of room to swim around and bask in the head lamp we got him. We have him in our game room but when he gets to big for the 300 gallon im so making that another aquarium lol. The 125 gallon is in my room, right behind me so when i add whatever to my tank I get to watch them while I sleep.
[/QUOTE
MOST WILL TELL U U CANT PUT ANY AGGERSIVE TRIGGS TOGETHER U CAN IF U GIVE AMPLE SPACES FOR SLEEPIN QUARTERS THEY WILL ALL B FINE

ridnna300c

Dangggg I can't find a website that sells saltwater fish that seels Brazillian morays. I wanna see what they look like and how much they cost.

ccampbell57

Do a google search for them. We cant give competitor websites here out of respect for SWF.coms sales of fish.
Brazillians usually run around $200

dischirm

Ridna-
Ccampbell gives great advice. You can usually tell who knows what they are talking about by the join date. NOT ALWAYS THOUGH! There are exceptions to every rule, but when someone doesn't care about their fish, well, that should tell you something about their advise. They sure don't care about your fish.
Anglers can be difficult to train to eat frozen in a very large tank. Make sure you have a QT tank where you can teach it to eat off feeding stick in smaller quarters before you put into a really big tank. You also must be very careful not to overfeed anglers. They will eat so much that the food rots in their bellies and kills the angler. They have very slow metabolisms.
Goldentail morays are very nice eels also and a little more available than brazilians.
I would recommend you stay away from the Green morays and Tess's and Fim's. Both will eat most other fish they are in with and can be very aggressive.
Good luck and keep researching and save yourself a lot of money.

ridnna300c

Dischirm- Thank you so much for your advice, you have been a great help also. Let me tell yall something, yall are very good with helping people out. The goldentail eel is very beautiful, I for sure want that and a Angler. Would love to see both of them in the same tank together. O yea may i add how much food should I feed whatever angler or frogfish ( same thing about ) that i purchase and know when to stop? Thanks again
Aaron

1journeyman

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2525207
AND IF IT ENDS BADD I NO CARE PLENTY OF$$ ONLY LIKE 2 K IN FISH NOW WILL START OVER AND DO THE SAME
THANK 4 THE WELL WISHIN

If this is your attitude then quit posting advice on these forums. People come here for advice. Not everyone is affluent enough to write off a loss of 2k worth of livestock, nor are the callous enough to throw a bunch of fish into a tank and watch to see which kills what first.
These forums are for the hobbyist that wants to be successful. We do not condone the "kamakazi" approach to aquarium keeping here.
As I said, post useful and good advice that will promote healthy aquarium keeping or quit answering posts from new members looking for help.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by RidnNa300C
http:///forum/post/2525752
Dischirm- Thank you so much for your advice, you have been a great help also. Let me tell yall something, yall are very good with helping people out. The goldentail eel is very beautiful, I for sure want that and a Angler. Would love to see both of them in the same tank together. O yea may i add how much food should I feed whatever angler or frogfish ( same thing about ) that i purchase and know when to stop? Thanks again
Aaron

If you are going to do both, I'd imagine it would be more feasable to hand feed both. How much I don't know.

R

regina13

http:///forum/post/2525156
IMHO - get your snowflake or a nice Brazillian moray, a frogfish, and a couple of other larger fish (one tang, a dwarf angel, and a mid-size angel [cream, rock beauty, singapore, flagfin])

I love that list! I think it would be great.
Ccampbell- what are you thinking as far as a tang? (What Kind?)
Also, for a dwarf angel, I would personally go with a flame angel. Great color for the size of the fish and the price.

ridnna300c

I cant agree more with regina13, Bueatiful color and for a good price. Especially with the list, GoldenTail and Nice lookin FrogFish for now, that's whats up. Cant wait to send some pics whenever i get in some of the stuff.

ridnna300c

Ccampbell- Are u sure I cant have the Clarion Angel with my croc, Idk i think they would get along just well, the angel would prob end up eatin the baby croc LOLL