New 210 tank, need help w/setup?

cgrant

Hi, I am ordering my 210 gallon tank this week and would like you to please help with proper setup! I want to setup once and just let her run.
It's gonna be a fish only tank, unless I change my mind in the future

What I have on order so-far.
210 tank w/overflows (stand, glass hoods and lights included)
AGA #4 trickle filter
mag drive 2400 pump
2 - 300watt AGA heaters
I have ordered 80lb of CC and 80lb of argonite - Wondering if I should switch to all argonite?
What do you guy's think?
Thanks!
Chris

cori

I'm far from any expert, but the one thing I have read over and over is that sand is MUCH better than CC. The sand is a better filter than CC, as waste etc can get trapped in the CC. (throwing your numbers off) I would go with the sand only...but I'm sure someone with more experience can come along and give you a more informational response.
Congrats on your new tank!

dmjordan

I agree with Cori. Lose the CC and go with all LS instead. You will also need to get a protein skimmer and some powerheads. You might want to consider going ahead and upgrading lights to MH even though you said this will be fish only. With a tank that size it won't be long before you will want to start adding corals, clams ect... Best to spend the money one time and get the best of whats out their rather than be like me and buy PC's now and have to upgrade to MH's when tank matures and I want to do anenomes. Nothing like throwing away a couple of hundred dollars one mistake at a time. LOL

dfreeman64

ditto to what jordan said also, do ALOT of research on a sump set-up. Whether you go with a fuge/sump or just sump, takes some thought and planning to work well. My first attempt had way to tall a sump. Only had about 4 inches between top of sump tank and bottom of stand. NO FUN to try and work with. So put some thought and check out lots of pics.
Dewayne