New 24 gal Nano Cube cracked?

canuck

I purchased a 24 gallon nano cube about 16 days ago. All was going well, the tank was cycling and I was looking forward to putting livestock in in a couple of weeks. Well I had to get up early this morning to go into work and I noticed a 2 inch crack running down the front of the tank! As I stood there I could hear the crack spreading . Since I had to run out to work I moved my live rock to a plastic bin and started to drain the tank and woke up my girlfriend to watch it. Within about 15 minutes the crack had spread to about 6 inches. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I'm going to run out to my LFS after work today and see if I can get my money back. Unfortunately, I just noticed that JBJ voids the warranty if a warranty card isn't sent in within 14 days. Assuming I can get my money back, I'm wondering if I should get another Nano Cube or spend the money and upgrade to a 46 gallon glass bow front. I just wanted to know if this was a fluke or not.
Thanks

jobob

i dont have any exp. with nano cubes. but i do know if u dont upgrade now while u have the chance u will reget it later. i did. i started a 29gal and with in 4 mons i was at a 55gal. so much better and easier. the biger the better. get the biggest tank u can afford. it will be worth it. i would get the 46. but if u are goin to spend the money on a 46 bow, look to see if u can get one bigger. well if u have the room.

jgrossi

i dont think you have an issue with not sending in the warr reg card. as long as you have the proof of purchase i can't see why they wouldn't cover it as long as they feel it was a mfr defect.