new 24ga DX?

dymaxiun

Originally posted by AndrewMack
i have an will continue to ask tons an tons of questions. LOL. one of my LFS' has a huge tank, like 500+ and i was gunna see if i could buy water from them since its allready cycled. then i could add my fish within a 2-3 weeks instead of 6. i have a big questoin tho. i went to another LFS and its horrible, i dont know what i can do tho, the big cages are gross, the freshwater fish have filters that i swear are a year old an never been cleant + dead fish floating around, the saltwater tanks have no lighting with corals an stuff and fish with bio-wheel filters that are so clogged the wheel doesnt spin. what can i do to help?:help:

I'm new to this too, but you gotta have patience!
I have been told, and read several places......
"Nothing good happens fast"
As far as the other LFS is concerned i would definately stay away from it... IF they dont take good care of thier fish then you dont want those in your tank... Is there any other LFS's around you or is that the only one?

clarkiiclo

Originally posted by jeffxsohn
when i saw the nano 12 i got it because i thought it looked really nice
but i kind of wish i didn't get it
lighting is nice
the water flow isn't the greatest... i'm not happy with the filtration... it only cleans whatever flows through the "hole"
i don't think the water flow is strong enough for certain coral
i suggest adding a powerhead

The nano 12 is a good tank
You have to ditch the stock pumps and get a powerhead
your right it doesnt have enough flow for alot of stuff when it is stock
As for the "hole" you can do a few different mods to fix that problem. The cassette tape works great so far

andrewmack

what can i do about the LFS though. is there like a healthdepartment i can call? i dont want the fishies an birdies to suffer. its very sad:notsure: who to call?