New 29g biocube diary :)

cimpow137

I've had this set up for about 2 months. Went shopping today for some new light bulbs and a new powerhead and found some deals I couldn't refuse. We bought a hammer coral, sun coral (with about 8 small heads), and neon green clove polyps. I already had 2 peppermint shrimps and 4 astrea snails. Everything is stock except for the koralia nano.

cimpow137

The water level isnt that low the pumps are all off right now. I decided I would take advantage of the new suncoral opening up and feed it tonight.

cimpow137

I've had other tanks in the past and I find sand to be a pain in the butt. Either I have too much flow and it clouds the tank or the fish or CUC stir it up and it clouds the tank. So I thought I should try bare bottom. And I'm not talking about the hair algae, that's getting taken care of, I'm talking about the stick looking thing in the very first pic I posted. It has new growth on it that look like little brown leaves.

spanko

The feathery structure of the green algae leads me to Byropsis.
The brown almost looks like some sort of Kelp. The sticks have me confused though.

cimpow137

I know what the hair algae and all the green stuff is. We're working on that, my boyfriend brought some rocks home and said hey look what I got you. He just doesn't know the difference between good and bad algae yet
The sticks are hard and brittle. They snap off if you bend them and the leaves are growing out of the sticks.

vgl12

This is kind of random but were you planning on adding live sand? If helps with a number of things and plainly it just make your tank look more relialisitc!

cimpow137

Nope I don't really like sand and I wanted to try a bare bottom tank. I think I'll probably end up covering the bottom with zoas, or rics, or maybe the clove polyps I already have.

cimpow137

I'm hoping the fuzzy mushrooms in the right corner start reproducing and kinda make a carpet on the tank floor. I want the clowns to host them too, but we'll have to see about that. I want to cover the floor with zoas and ricordias eventually.