new 29gal biocube

r-bond

just need some help my lfs are rely bad and cant tell me how to get rid of what looks like tiny air bubbls always floatin around and what i should do in replace of the bio balls

scottallert

the air bubbles means that there is an air leak in your returns or there is air between the tank water and water coming from the returns in place oof bioballs use live rock.

subielover

I wouldn't put live rock, too easy for detritus and other debris to get stuck down there and rot. Instead put some chaetomorpha and a submersible light and make it a refugium

r-bond

but i am not sure it is air bubbles because thy are not comeing out or the return just rely small "stuff" floatin around

r-bond

is there any thing els i should do to make it better along with the chaeto or is tht it i am very new to this and not sure if i am replyin right

subielover

Punctuation would be helpful. Have a look at some of the tank diaries in this section. Have a look at spanko, rebelprettyboy, nano-newb, whisk, they all have nice successful nanos going.

r-bond

i have been reading all there threads for over a month or so and just now decited to make my own because my lfs cant help like all u guys and girls can i just cant figger out what is floating around in my tank it realy bothers me

subielover

What do you have for water movement? Could be sand floating around. Have you tried running filter floss?

r-bond

every thing is stock it may be sand what is filter floss where an i get it wht should i do to improve water movment i kinda jumped into settin this up i fell i shouldnt have done it now because i dont kno what i am doing

subielover

Punctuation helps. Filter floss is a type of mechanical filtration. It will catch a lot of the junk floating in the water, you just have to replace it often since it can cause nitrates if left in for too long. I change mine every 2-3 days. Why don't you go to the new hobbyist section and read the stickies (the 3 threads at the top.)

r-bond

what is Punctuation i read them alredy i guess i am just dissapointed in my water and my blenny is being a bully to my new tiger gobby its just one of thoes days nothing goes right

r-bond

lawnmower leany spoted mandrean(sp) tiger gobby pistole shrimpcombo well was sussposed to be a pair atleast and a cuc is that to much

star27624

Originally Posted by R-bond
http:///forum/post/2942651
what is Punctuation i read them alredy i guess i am just dissapointed in my water and my blenny is being a bully to my new tiger gobby its just one of thoes days nothing goes right
punctuation is commas(,), periods (.), and other symbols that break words down into sentences, phrases, etc. It really helps us make sense of what you are asking and/or saying in you posts when we read it.

r-bond

wow that makes me fell rely stupid. i was missreading the word....is my tank over stocked? what should i do about my bleany and tiger gobby fighting

subielover

I would get rid of both the lawnmower blenny and the mandarin. Neither of them are suited to your tank. Sorry to tell ya, but somebody should.

r-bond

well i am glad some one did,i guess tht is wht lfs will do to u to make a sale. i guess thy will be goin back

r-bond

i will have to do that tomro,because my lights just turned off and dont wnt to mess with the timers to turn them back on. but some time maro i will post some picts. i just want to say thank u for helping me out with everything i have asked this site rocks