new 29gal biocube

john57

Regarding the microbubble problem, check the hose attachment point on top in chamber 3, the return chamber that has the pump in it. Try taking it off and reattaching it, turning it a little so it seats better. If you have even a small air leak at this point, you'll get microbubbles. Also, check the sponge in the bottom of that same chamber and give it a squeeze while it's under water to make sure there aren't any bubbles trapping in it.
A couple of other things would be to top off your tank a little higher and check your other power head to make sure it's low enough in the tank. Sometimes you can get bubbles from a power head being close to the surface and they could appear like they are coming out of your return as they are floating by.

john57

Sorry, I had posts confused. You said your tank is stock and my note in regard to another power head doesn't apply. However, if you don't have a nother power head, you should have one. A Koralia nano or 1 would work or any power head that gives somewhere 250-350 gallons of flow.

r-bond

ok i will make sure i do everything u said tomaro when my lights turn back on......i had to move my lr around earler today and forgot about my new pistole shrimp. he had alredy started diging and by mistake i covered up his hole is this bad could this kill him

r-bond

well the bleany killed my new tiger gobby last night. i am so bumbed.he didnt even last 24 hours,so i took ll my lr out cought the stupid bleany and at 11 when my crapy lfs oppens he is going back to bad i wont get squat for the gobby.how will the shrimp do with out the goby he is in a peace of lr and cant get him out. jus a nother bad day

subielover

Be sure to take the mandarin back as well. The shrimp will be fine on its own, its up to you if you want to keep it or not, you could always try to pair it with a different shrimp goby. Any pics yet?

r-bond

i have a older pick when i had the chromis in but i am ashamed to take one now. my rocks are just thrown in looks like crap just got ticked off when when he was dead 45 dollars down the drain. i guess it just part of the hobby learn from loosing money

r-bond

i would post pics,but cant seam to get it to work.i have been trying for almost an hour some one help plz

r-bond

i think i need a skimer,but dont know what one to buy. i have heard on here the biocube one sucks any suggestions,and i will be posting pics if any one wants to check them out.

nissan577

cal, and someone else on here has a skimmer that works great! just as long as you do proper water changes for now you good

r-bond

so what would yall condecder a true proper water change, i get a diff answer from every lsf i go to. how should i prepar my new water

nissan577

get a 5g of saltwater from your lfs or make your own.
to make your own is simply get a 5g bucket, add RO water add the salt. put a powerhead in there. leave it for 24 hours. with a heater to match your temp. (i dont do it but say to
)
then take a hose and suck it out and put the water in the DT!
and your done with a water change of 5 gallons

r-bond

ok tht is what i have been doing every week. but i dont have RO watet. my water is from a well tht is filtered, does any one know much about using well water.so far it has been fine on my bc29 and my moms 55gal.