new 37 gal, need help badly please!

fishn00b

hey all, i been wanting a saltwater fishtank for about three or four years now, i just got one two weeks ago. I been looking at the different fish that i can get, I was kind of wanting a Reef tank, but i really want a flame angel. Also I was looking into a seahorse, triggerfish and some wrasse's... I have three damsels in there right now, can i leave them in there if i get other fish? i heard they where aggressive, and I am noticing that one of my domino's is attacking the other one, and the stripped one that i got. what do you guys think? can get with a seahorse? and should i get a reef tank with them? I also have a question about the "cleaning crews". What kind of things should i get for the mess that my fish leave when they bite into a big brime shrimp! also... is brime shrimp the best way to go? and do seahorse's eat that? :confused: :D :confused:

fishn00b

Originally posted by fishn00b:
<STRONG>hey all, i been wanting a saltwater fishtank for about three or four years now, i just got one two weeks ago. I been looking at the different fish that i can get, I was kind of wanting a Reef tank, but i really want a flame angel. Also I was looking into a seahorse, triggerfish and some wrasse's... I have three damsels in there right now, can i leave them in there if i get other fish? i heard they where aggressive, and I am noticing that one of my domino's is attacking the other one, and the stripped one that i got. what do you guys think? can get with a seahorse? and should i get a reef tank with them? I also have a question about the "cleaning crews". What kind of things should i get for the mess that my fish leave when they bite into a big brime shrimp! also... is brime shrimp the best way to go? and do seahorse's eat that? :confused: :D :confused:</STRONG>

fishn00b

errr im sorry didnt mean to post that twice, but i wanted to add... I hace coral stuff for the bottom now, will that do okay with all that i am wanting?

fishswim

Sea horses are not a good idea for a beginner. A little sensitive. Need Very strong current, plenty of things to hold on too. And worst of all they have to eat a few times a day. So they take quite a bit of time.
Hermit crabs, ONE cb shrimp, snails, emerald crabs are some of my favorite janitors.

fishn00b

okay, so what do u think about the rest? are those all ok? i am just now getting brown stuff growing... should i switch to the sand stuff before i get going to far or is my stuff ok for live coral and stuff to?
also what package do u think would be good for my tank? i was thinking the 30 - 90 gallon or would that be to much? or should 22 to 50 gallon be better? :D ?
[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: fishn00b ]

fishswim

I agree, also read everybody else's posts. I've learned a lot from reading about other people's problems. Learn from other's mistakes.

fishn00b

ok, i am going to wait like 2 weeks or so before i get rid of damsels and get my clean up crew... I got a Fluval 204 filter, i was told that it would do fine for my tank size.
How do i know when my cycle is over? will it start growing more stuff in it? Will the living sand , or what ever be better than the coraly stuff i got into it right now?

fishn00b

ok cool... do you think if i add more damsels it would help the tank more? also what kind of food do u think i should feed them? i was told brimeshrimp was good for all the fish but i was told on here that it was like "candy" for them so i am trying to find a better kind of food, my lighting is good, i have the light on about 10 to 15 hours of the day, is this good for the tank?
[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: fishn00b ]

fishn00b

ok great! after my tank goes threw the cycle im going to go get some live rock... should i replace it with my coral that i have now? i have 3 pieces of coral at the moment... they seem to like it but i would like to do whats best for my tank