**NEW 46gal REEF**

devaji108

great tank I thinking about doing a 46 BF too, my 240 is a bit big for the new place..LOL
can you show us some pics if your canopy and lighting set up. is it DIY?
thanks

boogaman

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
nice tank. what do you use as your base. it look like small pieces of live rock

from the back right and back left its all rock all the way up to the surface and then sloping down in the front, its a mix of figi, marshall, and some other kind cant remember off the top of my head

boogaman

Originally Posted by bcott
Very nice. What fish do you have in there?
no fish at all!
i have a 150 with all my fish in it.

boogaman

Originally Posted by Devaji108
oh and what are u using for a return pump and how may gallon is your overflow rated 4?

the canopy is a DIY rectangle box with the bottom and top removed and a board with an icecap 250 watt retro with spider reflecter screwed onto it and laid on top of the box for easy access. etc
the return is a mag 7 and a overflow rated at 600 (with the head the mag only produces like 600 something gph) it works great . it turns water volume over like 14 times an hour

royal gang

im going to be 100% honest.. the bottom is the ONLY thing that looks wrong, it would look better if you had sand instead of umm..whatever you have

teen

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
im going to be 100% honest.. the bottom is the ONLY thing that looks wrong, it would look better if you had sand instead of umm..whatever you have

i agree, i dont really like the lr rubble on the bottom, but whatever floats your boat. the rest looks great.

specialreef

wow! Cool looking! To be honest my first opinion was where's the sand? But a good second look, :thinking: Damn kid that looks real good and different. NOT a typical setup (from many i've seen). Good luck and update the pics. ***) They help out people like me. :thinking: