new 5 gallon

nativemic

i have started a 5 gallon on my desk and was wondering what--if any fish would do well in it? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. by the way it is a eclipse hex with factory filter but i added a small submersible filter that rates at 60 gph flow --it has a 50/50 15watt light, crushed coral sub. and about 4.5 pounds of lr. there is 2 hermits 2snails already in tank and it has been running for about 2 months.
thanks in advance for your help:)

seschaefer

i have one perc in mine and it i doing great... he is enjoying the powerhead rollercoaster right now
I am thinking about adding a citron clown goby in a few weeks, but am doing a lot of research on it first

overanalyzer

I have a 5.5 on my desk @ work and I had a small clown in it and had nothing but water chemistry problems. Clowns are pigs. They like to eat - if you deny them food to keep the water quality high they will root around in the substrate for food (not a good sign - means they are getting starved).
I just replied to seschaefer's 5 gallon thread with more details but it was a nightmare and it cost me my favorite coral ....
As for fish - I'd say one fish - a clown (or citron) goby is a nice addition - they perch and have attitude. If you did not have the CC substrate I'd suggest a shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp combo. Neon goby's are colorful and plentiful usually and they would be a good starter fish for a someone not used to keeping nano's.
I would highly recommend NOT getting a clown for a 5 gallon tank.