New 55 gal and Stand

cyclops

Thats a nice stand do you have the before pics or can you tell me how you did it. I like the way it just shows the front.

jsteiert

I have some in process pictures of it without the doors on it and I can scan in and email you my plans. Give me your email and I will send them tomorrow if you like.

jsteiert

I did not put any side view pics up yet, but the sides have the same style windows as the front does. So you can view the tank from all three sides.

cyclops

Originally Posted by jsteiert
I have some in process pictures of it without the doors on it and I can scan in and email you my plans. Give me your email and I will send them tomorrow if you like.

thanks that would be great. cyclops512@hotmail.com
Did you build the Canopy too?

jsteiert

Yes its a one piece design, the back of the stand bottom is closed in, and the top portion is open to allow sliding in the tank. Inside is a shelf for storage, I'm sure it would be easy to modify the bottom to hold a sump/fuge. The materials ran me around $300.00 to build it, but it is solid red oak and weighs around 200 lbs without the tank in it. I will email you tomorrow.

bill109

do you plan on going any bigger anytime soon?
it would look awesome to see a 125 with tht standn it its looks like its all connected!!!1 its awesome btw hows those tang? pbt,yellow,sailfin. sorry to bring it up

jsteiert

It is a one piece unit very similiar to an entertainment center. We have a 125 gal tank that we are getting ready to start building. We are planning on moving in July, once we have moved and settled in the 125 will be set up. That will be out new tang tank.