new 55 gal

the tank has been up and running for a couple of months. I wanna get another p. clown. Not sure what else to put in again. DH wants another Blue spotted puffer. We only have 8 crabs - do we need more CUC? I know puffers will pick at CUC - but they are cheap and replace able. What else would be good - please give me advise - as we are tried of looking at a bare tank.

clownfish

our blue spotted puffer - whom is RIP last week do to med tank temp went to low then to high

blue/yellow damsle

horseshoe crab - whom is never really out in the daytime - was out swimming around when i got home from getting water

and two stupid "catfish" whom we where told wouldnt get very big - however have learned differently since I started reading n posting on this forum

crypt keeper

get rid of the catfish. Catfish grow huge.
Can we get a FTS? Doesnt the horeshoe crab get huge as well and need sand as they burrow?

55 gal - HOB filter Pengiun made for a 75 gal - running 2 carbons and poly fill - one PH at this time - waiting on the other one to arrive - 50 -60 pounds of LR - LS/CC mixed for subtrate
The horseshoe crab is supposed to stay same according to SF.com

crypt keeper

The damsel will stya peaceful IMo if housed with the correct fish. The puffer shouldnt bother anybody you deicide to get. I would get rid of the damsel if you choose smaller peaceful fish. Blue tails IME arent that bad for a damsel. They are gorgeous.
How long has the tank been up and running?

crypt keeper

The tank wont aquire pods. You must set up a place for them to breed. A fuge with cheato. You also dont have enough rock. You need about 30 more pounds.
Get rid of the catfish. The damsel.
Do you have a qt set up? you really should. a 15 gallon with a heater basic bio wheel filter and some pvc piping for the fish to hide is all you need. Cost $50 to set it up and ity will save you money in the long run and heartache.
I would get rid of those fish.
get another clown Id go smaller unless yours is itty bitty. Then go bigger. Not the same size.
Flame angel or coral beauty
Bi Color Blenny
Your rock seems mature enough for an angel. Then add 30 mor epounds. set up the fuge. Get that established with pods then in 6 months get the mandarin

small triggers

unfortunetly, another thing you LFS either may not know about or what not, the Horsehoe crab will prbably only live a few months up to 2 years, the feed off of the fauna ina in the sand and go through it quite fast (and do grow up to 3 ft wide but also live to 75+years in the wild) Other than that, i to like the idea of a pygmy angel, maybe a diamond goby ot a sleeper goby, maybe a small longnose hawkfish, or a fourline wrasse...

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3157017
Im sure they are pods. They wont be able to sustain as your fish and crab will eat them.
I have been trying to research setting up a fuge - but am having a hard time finding it - anyway - i dont have a sump - what can i do - all that i have found is stuff for a sump

ok i have found some in tank fume - does anyone know to make on cheaper?
also how to you know when to take them from the fume and use them for feeding - or do they just float out through the drain holes and supply the tank?