new 75 g aquarium

zoidberg01

Today im going to pick up my second aquarium but this time I will make it a reef tank I already bought a aqueon pump 950 , 40 pounds of live sand and rocks

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg01 http:///t/396838/new-75-g-aquarium#post_3535692
I bought salt and in a matter of hours I added the first two fish they are royal grammas

Hi,

I'm confused....If this is your second tank....why in the world would you add fish before a cycle? Even though you had live sand and rock you still have to cycle, or at least test for a few weeks to make sure....you should know better. Then you added salt that should have been mixed for 24 hours before use...and last you added two Royal Gramma's, there should be only 1 per tank because they will fight....which means you didn't do your homework on the care of the fish or know anything about it.

I understand when a beginner does this stuff, but from the way you worded your first post, I assumed you knew what you were doing, I couldn't have been the only one, because I see nobody was helping you. for that I'm sorry...somebody/I should have spoken up.

It's not the end of the world....Return one fish, and let the tank cycle with the other since it's already in there, get your test kits out and monitor the tank...any reading of ammonia (the live rock and sand may be enough), do a water change with saltwater premixed for at least 24 hours before, just mix it up and have it sitting in a tub with a power head to churn it. make sure you match the SG before you add it to the tank.

zoidberg01

actually before yesterday my salt was 1.14 so the next day I bought another sack of salt and by hours I waited more than five hours and put the grammas in my first tank is well so in 4 hours the salt and bacteria were good . Royal grammas are like tangs YOU HAVE TO INTRODUCE THEM AT THE SAME TIME and a day has passed without them fighting

deejeff442

for one you dont have to always introduce tangs at the same time. if you add a bigger tang to a smaller one later it works out also.so let me get this right.you said you bought already cycled water? so its ok to put fish in?

zoidberg01

I also had to put my pinl spot watchman goby because he is getting picked at by my neon velvet damsel and my yellow tang . He will be way happier here

zoidberg01

Also sorry for the low quality on the pics its because they get easily frightened and I have to use the zoom of my phone and it looks blurry

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg01 http:///t/396838/new-75-g-aquarium#post_3535697
Also most of the water is already cycled because I bought it separately

Hi,

Sweetie, you can't get anything to make the tank cycle faster. A fish tank will only develop enough good bacteria to maintain what is in the tank, you can't add two tangs at the same time because the good bacteria isn't enough to handle that kind of bioload, not to mention that two tangs do not belong in a 75g tank.. 2 Royal Gramma's can't be together.

There is very little good bacteria in the water...it makes no sense what you are saying, maybe what you did was purchase premixed saltwater, not pre-cycled water.

zoidberg01

Royal grammas can be kept together If you add them in the same time and if they have good space in my 55 gallon tank I had 4 full grown royal grammas but a person gave us a grouper we knew what was going to happen but it was family so we decided to keep him two days but then 6 of our fish were gone including all the royal grammas

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg01 http:///t/396838/new-75-g-aquarium#post_3535818
Royal grammas can be kept together If you add them in the same time and if they have good space in my 55 gallon tank I had 4 full grown royal grammas but a person gave us a grouper we knew what was going to happen but it was family so we decided to keep him two days but then 6 of our fish were gone including all the royal grammas

I did some research young fellow...by golly you are correct! From what I read, a having one larger and the other smaller would give a better chance of a male and female....however if they do begin to fight anyway, you have to separate them.

zoidberg01

The tank is pretty big but I think they are male and female because the female is smaller and they have never fought

zoidberg01

Before my four royal grammas in my 55 g got eaten one of them made a nest with little pieces of stone and some plants it was really pretty