New 75 G tank

J

jopik

Hello Everyone!
Wanted to know if I am on the right track.
I've started a Saltwater fish tank. has been filtering about 3 to 4 weeks.
Just added 2 clow fish.
I got
- 75 gallon REEF TANK.
- Refugium 24x12x16
- CPR BAK-PAK Protein Skimmer w/pump,
- SUPREME PM-9.5 MAG DRIVE PUMP 950 GPH
- Marineland 300w Visi-Therm heater
- Live Rock 150lbs
- 48" T5 HO Aquarium Light Hood Marine 216W
- ARAG ALIVE FIJI PINK 80 lbs.
What do you guys think?

lion_crazz

Looks like a great set up. The only thing I do not see listed are powerheads for additional water movement. You want as much water flow in a saltwater aquarium as possible.

J

jopik

Amonia is 0, Nitrite 0 and Nitrate is about between 0 and 5.
I will do CORALS, what fish can i add?! Something Like angel fish, Koran, etc....
ANY ADVICE??

gemmy

I would not add a large angel like a Koran in a 75 gallon. You can do a dwarf angel like a flame, lemon peel, or coral beauty (only add one as they are aggressive toward one another). I would recommend getting a book on marine fish and seeing what you like. Then post a list of fish you like and we can help you compile a good fish list.

J

jopik

I got 75 gallon. Refugium and skimmer with Pump that does 950 gallons.
I got REEF AND CORALS.
Here is FISH I WANT, what can I have?.
Flame angelfish
Mandarinfish
Wheeler's watchman goby
Antenneta lionfish
Radiata Lionfish
Koran
Bellus Lyretail Angelfish
Bicolor Angelfish
Gramma loreto
Catalina goby
FoxFace
Blue lined surgeonfish
Eibli mimic tang
Kole tang
Saddleback Butterflyfish
Yellow Multibanded Pipefish
I want to pick between 6 to 9 fish within 8 month from this list.
Please give me a good advice

meowzer

Here is some advice.....look up the requirements for each fish you have listed.....then go back to the ones that can even go in a 75G tank....and ones that can go in reef tanks
I'm not avoiding your question, BUT YOU have to do some of your own research here......It will help you out in the long run if you look up some of your own information

J

jstdv8

Corals are almsot always dependant on light and flow, so check out the requirements for each coral you would like to have. with the 4 light T-5 you have i think you should be ok with most corals but probably not SPS corals unless they were right up under the surface of the water.
best to stick to softies , leathers, mushrooms ect until you get your feet wet.
if it was a 6 light T-5 I'd say you could keep almsot anything in there provided that the corals you want to keep are gettingt eh proper flow and are being fed as needed.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383219/new-75-g-tank#post_3353935
Here is some advice.....look up the requirements for each fish you have listed.....then go back to the ones that can even go in a 75G tank....and ones that can go in reef tanks
I'm not avoiding your question, BUT YOU have to do some of your own
research here......It will help you out in the long run if you look up some of your own information
+1. The best advice anyone gave me was to read and keep reading about SWF and ask questions as they arise.

J

jopik

So in how long and HOW MANY CORALS i can put in
my tank after the cycle is done?

gemmy

I would wait until at least a month after adding the first fish. I like to be cautious when adding new things to the tank.

gemmy

Aww, I was hoping it was a fake fish since the tank is only 3-4 weeks old. Ooops.
Still, I would wait another month before adding the first corals.

J

jopik

Please read my post carefuly the TANK will be 7 weeks on 1-30-2011.

ecooper

7 weeks still isn't very old. Leave the clowns alone a couple of months and keep checking your levels. That will give you plenty of time to get to know your clowns and really appreciate them.