New 75 Gallon

gmusick

Hello,
I would appreciate any opinions from those on this board. I have been given a new 75 gallon aquarium, stand, canopy, light, filters, etc, however, the person who had it, it was in a Doctor's office, had plastic plants and red rock in a saltwater tank. It has a canister filter and just plain flourescent lights. I also have a 35 gallon hex tank that I will be taking down after I get the 75 setup. The 35 gallon has a Penguin hang on back filter and a CPR Bak Pak skimmer, PC lighting. My question is this. I want to do the 75 gallon right. What would be the recommended way to go as far as equipment? I know I want Metal Halide lights, so my questions really are around filtration. What would be the recommedation for filtration under the tank? A sump? A refugium? What size?
Thanks!
Glen

sign guy

A good combanation is best. what do you plan on keeping? that will help us figure out what all you need

grubsnaek

def a sump if possible and with a fuge in the sump. get an over sized skimmer. you already picked the lights. now just focus on heater, water movement.

gmusick

The Mets will find themselves back where they belong this year... Below the Braves.
I do plan to keep some corals and I'd like to have a clam or two, but primarily fish. It'll be really similar to what I keep now, which is fish, a few mushrooms, frogspawn and some star polyps.