New 80g lighting ?

mytwoboys

I am getting a larger tank in the next week, it's an 80g bowfront acrylic, I think the guy is throwing in some flourescents for me, don't know how strong they are but the other larger tanks he has have some seriously bright lights, he's been doing it for 10 yrs. so he would only have good lights, but I'm wondering what I need to get a more blue light effect going? Like the 50/50's? But for that large of a tank I need specific wattages or k's. I know next to nothing about lights. I do hope sometime soon to get some hammerhead corals or others like that and whatever else would work besides anemones and the harder to keep corals. Just the simplest things to keep. Any ideas on both issues would be greatly appreciated since this will be a 1 time shot at buying the right light setup for a long time. Thanks again. :joy:

37g joe

shoot at gettin around 400 watts at least you could do( power compacts, T5's, or VHO) 2 dual actinic 96 watts and 2 dual daytime lights 96 watts each thats a total of 384 watts make sure you get lunar lights too thier pretty neat or you could do two 150 Metal hallides and then do 2 dual actinics 96 watts each so you would have a total of 492 watts. If you can afford the secound choice I would go for that and it would be beter for your tank and when you decide to upgrade in the future it would save you money