New 90 Gallon

taximan

So I came across a 90 Gallon tank with stand, Canopy, Wet Dry Filter, Power Head, 60 Pounds of Live Rock, And a whole bunch of misc items. So i got it and tore down my 75 gallon that had about 70 pounds of live rock with a hang on filter. She looks beautiful. My question is the lite has 3 plugs one for the moon lights, antics, and daytime. What is the proper settings for this?

mr_x

you want to try to mimic the natural day. most people will have the actinics come on in the morning, and evening, and the daylight will overlap both of them.
in other words:
actinics come on, then come daylights, then dayligghts go off..actinics stay on for a bit longer, and then off at bedtime.
i use a 12 hour photoperiod, with 8 of those hours, being daylight.
the moonlights can be on 24/7

taximan

Ok I got that question figured out. Now is there such thing as to much live rock in a tank because it covers the whole back wall from side to side

spanko

Aestheics really. Depends on what you want it to look like. For bio filtering purposes most will say 1-1.5 lbs. per gallon of good porous rock will suffice. If you like it more rock is better as it gives more area for the beneficial bacterias to live in and on.