new 90g for xmas!!!!

dbelli

Husband just informed me that he bought me a new 90g for xmas!!!!!!! am so excited!!! currently have a 29g. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's the funny part, he didn't realize that it was a 90g. He thought that it was a 55g!!!

Merry Christmas everyone and hope that Santa brings you all what you wished for!!!

:cheer: :jumping:

dbelli

can't post as he hasn't picked it up yet!! picking it up today. won't be able to set it up until next weekend though. what he didn't realise is that it involves more sea salt, more filtration, more live sand. need to get this stuff first. If I use all of my sand form previous tank ( and everything else) it shouldn't need to cycle that much should it? :thinking: :notsure:

hatessushi

It will cycle to some extent since you are moving everything to a tank that is 3 times larger then your current one. All the new rock and sand but especially rock will have some die-off unless you get the rock locally and kept in water. The size of the current tank will not support the new bio-load of rock and therefore you will probably see some degree of a cycle.

chilwil84

eventually a yellow or kole would work you need a lot more rock and a well established stable tank