New acropora additions

blondenaso1

I went to the LFS yesterday and one of my buddies that works there just fragged a bunch of acros from his tank. I just couldn't refuse and ended up getting 5. I wish I could take better pictures, but this is the best I can do.
This is a pic of three of them. The ones on the right and left are acropora. I have no idea as to the species. The one in the middle is Pocillopora damicornis I think.

nm reef

blondenaso1...very nice looking frags. The day is coming when I am finally ready to venture into the SPS corals...for now I must remain patient. I do have a few but due to lighting restrictions I'm holding off for now. But...when I do decide to start building my SPS colonies I certainly know where I plan to shop...;)
I believe I'll go to bigmacs house of frags for my first additions....:rolleyes:

blondenaso1

WOW bigmac, that is something else! Someday.....many many many years from now. I am just curious to know if you raised those from frags or from whole colonies and how long your tank has been set up for. Pretty much just wondering how many years growth that is.

fishfood

I'm in the process of setting one up. It is a 26 bowfront that will have a 250watt mh plus 2 or 3 no actinic bulbs. I have 4 frags right now in my 55 under a 175mh. They look good and have really grown in the past 3 months. I have 3 more frags on the way. I'll have a brown digi, tan monti with blue polyps, red monti cap and 4 unknown acros. I can't wait until they grow out. Any suggestions as to what fish i should add.

blondenaso1

Bigmac, can you tell me a little bit about your setup as far as lighting and filtration and such? From the looks of things you have had great success with SPS corals.
Fishfood, as far as fish I am always particular to tangs, but I belieive the 26 will be too small. I would go with thigs that add corol. Maybe some type of clown, a red scooter blenny, a bangai cardinal, firefish.....this list goes on. Its all up to you.

fishfood

I was thinking more along the line of a couple little gobies. I was originally going to put 2 cardinals in and see if i could end up with babies but thats to much work for right now. I'm also thinking of having fairly high water movement and can't picture the cardinals or firefish struggling in the current. My only other concern through the planning of this has been the water temp with the 250 on there. I'll try it over winter and see how it is and that should give me some time to save up for a chiller if need be.