New Addition/Marine Betta

kholt

I just saw those today while looking at some fish online! They are very cool looking! Does s/he have a name? For some reason I have an obsession with naming EVERYTHING! Cars... appliances... computers... you name it! LOL

zeppelin

Nope, no name yet. Kids will fix that I'm sure soon. Jacks Aquarium would order it for me for $98. Got it at a small local lfs for $45.:D
Larry:cool:

dfishh

that has got to be the coolest grouper. well at least i think its a grouper. arent they really expensive? and also really agresive?
good luck with him or her!
DAVE

zeppelin

Originally posted by DfishH
that has got to be the coolest grouper. well at least i think its a grouper. arent they really expensive? and also really agresive?
good luck with him or her!
DAVE

Expensive?? Kind of, but not bad. Ya, its in the grouper family as far as I know. I've had them 4 different times and I'd say, no, they are not agressive. They will hold their own if advanced upon, but aren't aggressive IMO. He's squared off with both my sailfin tang and yellow tang since introduction. They started it and both ended up backing down before the Betta did.

S

starfishjackedme

It only eats live food right? What size tank do you have it in?

dfishh

ye i wouldnt think ud have any probs with it, seeing how huge ur tank probly is, and seeing how that is the biggest damn sailfiin tang on the face of the earth!
DAVE

zeppelin

They are in a 125 High Acrylic. The sailfin tang really isnt that big, I'd say about 3" maybe. As far as live food only, I'm not sure but I think I got all three I had before on frozen/flake food eventually. Its been about 15 years since I had my last salt tank. Its really cool watching him hunt live food though. Picking up some guppies today for him. I have him in with a couple smaller orbic cardinals, a royal gramma, two small false percs, a gold stripe maroon clown, and the two tangs with no problems so far.

zeppelin

Originally posted by scuba steveo
what other types of fish can your not put a marine beta with?

GUPPIES!!:D
Larry