New addition recommendation?

briterco

I'm getting my tank established (about 3.5 months old now), and think I'll need one more fish to complete the population. I'm probably still a couple of months away from making an addition, but would like to get some ideas on what would be compatible. I currently have a 125g with about 100# LR. Population is:
1 yellow tang (3.5")
1 flame angel (2.5")
1 red spotted hawk (3.5")
7 green chromis (.75-1.5")
1 maroon clown (1.5")
2 cleaner shrimp
1 red star
var hermits and snails
Later this year, I'd also like to upgrade my lighting and add in some corals, but not there yet.
I realized I'd been too aggressive on populating, and have had some setbacks, but we're doing quite well now. As I said, I'm going very slowly now, and will QT, etc on all additions, but just looking for some compatible ideas at this time. Appreciate any responses! Thanks!!

marineman

blue hippo tang, would be some risk with yellow tang but many people have mixed these 2 in a tank successfully. would get a hippo that is a couple inches lger than the yellow.

briterco

YEa after looking at a lot of fish info, I think the blue hippo sounds like a great choice (and gorgeous fish). I thought I read somewhere though that an existing yellow is less aggressive toward smaller new additions rather than larger.
I added my flame angel about a month ago - maybe an inch smaller than the yellow. Yellow chased the flame for a day or so, but no problems whatsoever since. They all just mind their own business.
I think the hippo will be next!
(cwalters - I'm in Centerville...south of Dayton)

marineman

it helps if tangs are added in order of less aggressive 1st to most aggresssive last. so the hippo tang should of went in 1st before the more territorial yellow tang. thats why i suggested a lger hippo to even up the odds as some fish will respect a lger fish and in some cases not attack it. some of this hobby will always depend on luck!