new additions to new tank

mpdan

Wanted to share some pictures of my tank. Im new to reefing. kept fish only for 4 years just added these today minus the mushroom. Pease share anycomments or recommendations.

mr. limpid

Love Ocellaris clowns, are there 2 in there or just one and its reflection? Just one suggestion more rock make caves and tunnels, give the guys places to hide and swim threw. I know I see some holes, but when you add more fish you'll need more holes.

jay0705

I agree ocellaris clowns r the best. Also sum of the less aggressive of the clowns. Mine 2 don't bother a thing

mr. limpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/395160/new-additions-to-new-tank#post_3517483
I agree ocellaris clowns r the best. Also sum of the less aggressive of the clowns. Mine 2 don't bother a thing
Have they layed eggs yet. Mine control 1/3 of tank while nesting. Won't let the butterflies near the there eggs. And I have to bag the male to clean tank, even if there are no eggs. It is darn right mean, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

mpdan

There are two in there. I will be adding more rock a piece or two at a a time. They have not laid any eggs in my tank I just put them in yesterday

mpdan

Well after I put a couple frags yesterday I went out today just too look and of course I made an impulse purchase. The first is a sun coral that I couldn't pass up. My questions are does it have to be in complete shade? And the guy told me to feed reef pearls and if I feed with the lights on I can get it to open during the day is this true? The second one is a hammer but the more it opens I'm not seeing the hammer shape maybe frogspawn?

mr. limpid

Don't know much about sun coral, but the second one looks like frog spawn, because there are no hammer shaped tips. did the tips look the same at the store because new corals take time to fully come out.

mpdan

The one I picked out looked like a hammer I wasn't watching when he bagged it. I guess ill have to wait and see.