New Additions to the tank...

kingzfan

So I am finally starting to stock the tank.
Have a 135 (thought it was 120 til I measured and did calculations).
In there so far..
1. Panther Grouper (about 3 - 4 inches)
2. ??? Eel (about 8 inches). I knew the actual name..
I swear I must be losing my mind. I know I did research and asked MANY MANY questions about the eel...but for some reason I can't remember the name..
Hoping that you guys here can remind me.
Any suggestions about the tank? I'm VERY open minded

sagxman

I like the grouper, he's cute. Sorry I can't help with the eel name. How about a full tank shot?

andrew1113

i had a panther grouper in my tank it was the coolest fish ive had in my salt water experience unfortunetly my lfs said i could keep him in my 20 gallon as long as i didnt have any other fish in there with him so about 4-6 months later after spoiling this fish with the best food i could find/make he became to big for my tank and i had to give them back to my lfs.
but other than that he was a great fish and if i ever want to upgrade to a bigger tank like maybe a 300 gal someday i would definetly get this fish again

txfishman

By the way those fish look awsome! But FWI that grouper can get up to 2 and a half feet long. How long has your tank been up. What are you going to feed them and do you have any plans for more fish in the future? Good luck and welcome to the addiction!

kingzfan

I went back to the LFS and asked again what the name of it was...
but, Dang...I must be dumb or something cuz I forgot on the way here what the eel is called.
I remember something like (opps...I remember now)
Chainlinkt eel. He said it looks similar to a Tessy...but it's not
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
here is a pic of the entire tank.
Also...I don't know about this P. Grouper. I put some feeder guppies in ( I know..I shouldn't, but I wanted him to realize he needs to eat) and he thinks they are tankmates.

jpa0741

Fish look great. I am thinking that tank is not cycled yet. Looks way too clean. I see you just set it up on the 12-28. I would monitor ammonia and have some water change water ready. JMO. Also feeding live fish will probably create a pretty good ammonia spike.