new aggressive tank!

escape2thewater

I just converted my 75g FW to a SW aggressive. Very cool. Im waiting to see if its gonna cycle or not, as I took some LR, LS & bio balls from my established reef tank to kick start the process. Im thinking Id like to keep a Tessellated eel in there as the centerpiece, any feedback on those guys? I know a 75g isnt big enough for long term but I will set up a larger tank later on. Anybody have a Tessellated eel now? I hear they are kind aggressive?
Thanks,
KYle
:happyfish
PS - I was wanting to keep a puffer in there too....maybe a niger trigger also.

tankedup

I just sold a 3 1/2 ft Tessalata. He was very very beautiful , however the first say I had him he ate an austrailian Haliquin Tusk, the 2nd night a large male bird wrasse, the 3rd a lyretail hogfish.I even went out and caught a bunch if baitfish for him to eat,which he did .He even seemed to kill some for fun since hi didnt even eat them.However he continued to strike at my other fish ,so I put him in a storage tank then sold him.Beautiful but very very mean.

moraym

My picture, not my eel. I took that shot of someone else's eel. I'll put one in a 180 when I'm set up in a better house.
The eel was about two and a half feet, (edit) . Don't know about his temperment, but he didn't have any tankmates, if that helps answer the question.:D

moraym

Originally posted by Liontamer
I hear that they get to be a good 5 feet, right? Maybe 6?

Oops. Yeah, as I was typing 2.5' I was thinking chain eel, since I've answered several questions regarding those recently. I forgot what topic I was answering for a second.
The tessalata eel will approach 6', and grows a little slower than the green moray, but will outgrow a tank pretty fast nonetheless.

blaze86

man thats crazy im doing a 75 tesselata tank to. i just gotta get the funds in line. just sold my 125 and i had to have another tank. its just not the same without. good luck man

moraym

Originally posted by blaze86
man thats crazy im doing a 75 tesselata tank to. i just gotta get the funds in line. just sold my 125 and i had to have another tank. its just not the same without. good luck man

Hope you do the same as escape2thewater and upgrade that 75. A 75 isnt even close to what you need to have a tessalata. It isn't even half of what you'd need.

hurricane2011

i have a tessalata moray eel he is pretty cool i have a clown trigger fish that i got for $60 only because he was overly aggresive but my eel and he are best of buddies. the best advice i can give you is to remember that like people there disposition will very. so you should get to know the eel befor you puchase one. my eel is very cool and will come when i say his name. but i also spent afew days going into the store and talked to him yes i know strange but once it gets use to your voice you will be able to clean its tank with out fear and it will wil be lessed stressed when you bring it home if it hears a familer voice
best of luck
jennifer

hurricane2011

ihave my baby tessalta in a 90 gallon but he gets a 200 gallon tank for his christmas present.think of some one locking you up in a room only bienouf to touch the walls with only limmited amount of room for rhe rest of your life. well that tank would be like that for the eel. and besides the more room they have the more you can enjoy the buty and grace of these wonderful eels

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane2011 http:///t/147677/new-aggressive-tank#post_3437565
i have a tessalata moray eel he is pretty cool i have a clown trigger fish that i got for $60 only because he was overly aggresive but my eel and he are best of buddies. the best advice i can give you is to remember that like people there disposition will very. so you should get to know the eel befor you puchase one. my eel is very cool and will come when i say his name. but i also spent afew days going into the store and talked to him yes i know strange but once it gets use to your voice you will be able to clean its tank with out fear and it will wil be lessed stressed when you bring it home if it hears a familer voice
best of luck
jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane2011
http:///t/147677/new-aggressive-tank#post_3437566
ihave my baby tessalta in a 90 gallon but he gets a 200 gallon tank for his christmas present.think of some one locking you up in a room only bienouf to touch the walls with only limmited amount of room for rhe rest of your life. well that tank would be like that for the eel. and besides the more room they have the more you can enjoy the buty and grace of these wonderful eels
Welcome to the site! But your commenting on a 6 year old thread.... just saying.