New Anemone

sammyjoe

Well I got this new long tentacle anemone a few days ago and it has made it's way to the bottom my my filter and just sticks there.Is this normal?I thought they were supposed to find a spot to put it's foot but mine hasn't which brings me to my next point.
If you can see in the picture he seems to have a ring of something stuck to his foot.Any ideas what that is and should I try to remove it? I tried taking the anemone off the filter and putting him on the other side of the tank and he floated right back over to the bottom of the filter.Please help we are worried about him.

integral9

It looks like it's about to start the splitting process. I can't say for sure though. I had Purple LTA once; it never set it's foot and just kept floating around. It was really frustrating. I tried everything to get it to roost. Eventually, the bottom of it started to look like the top (when closed up), the bottom started to grow the spots the top half has. So I assumed it was going to split and left it alone. Just when I thought I was going to have a 2, a rouge crab entered my tank and ate it whole.

So, i'd say, move your filter up and let the anemone do it's thing. Eventually it will plant it's foot.

sammyjoe

Well i have two powerheads in the tank.I might remove one.So anemones don't like alot of flow? I thought that was why he was sticking his tentacles in that filter because he liked the flow.I will keep watching him,I just got him two days ago.

sammyjoe

UPDATE: Well I removed one of the two powerheads and decreaed the flow.I also removed the anemone from the bottom of the filter and put him on the other side of the tank.
He still has not attached himself yet but looks alot better.