new angel and zoas

mkzimms

just some quick pics... one of my new potters angel and one of some amazing zoas i picked up.

havent named her yet, any suggestions?

novahobbies

great zoas, those look really healthy!
I personally won't buy a Potter, I'm afraid. I did some reading on those, and discovered their survival rate is terribly low: only 5% of those harvested live past 1 month. They have some very specific living requirements and are often stressed.
Sorry, I'm not bashing your purchase (they're darn pretty after all!!) but you should be OK as long as you have lots of rockwork for him to hide in and docile takmates who won't cause any undue stress. Apparently they're one of the most peaceful of the dwarf angel family. Let us know how he turns out!

mkzimms

shes been doing great! Eating like a pig and playing nicely with my clown. i read the same stuff you have and i know she'll be a challenge, but we're off to a great start. owning her is like a perpetual game of peek-a-boo, but she started coming to the glass when i show up. its nice to have a fish with a personality, not like my clown who i know just hears elephants on parade in his head all day. dum di doo dum dum di doo

novahobbies

that's funny, I know what you mean about fish with personality. Actually it's my Maroon clown that has the most aroud us -- if she sees me or my wife she'll come to the front, but if someone she doesnt recognize shows up, she turns her hind quarters to the glass and swishes a cloud of sand at the offending human.