New Aquapod 12g

surfertdr

I decided to go with a nano tank!! anyways i have never really had a reef tank before and was wanting to know a little info that could help me. first off how does everyone aquascape with the live rock to make it look so cool??? Also the tank i have bought has 54 w pc and 160 gph pump. is that good for a reef tank? Also i was reading about people taking out the different sponges in the back and replacing them with live rock and other things, can anyone explain that to me. Once I get the tanked cylcled and some rocks in there i am gonna try and take some pics and keep a diary so i can get a little bit of help like that. thanks,
taylor

zoie2

I have the same exact tank. I got it a year ago for Christmas and I love it!!

I upgraded my pump to a maxi jet 900 and got a wave maker. For my yearly maintence I changed my bulbs and instead of buying the original 27 watt. I got the 32 watt. (I don't know, figured it'd be more light for my corals)
as far as cool rock work, it's always a work in progress. When I first started mine, I liked it until I saw everyones on here. So everynow and then I would change it. And every now and then I still change it.
Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck, I can't wait to see your pics when everything is ready!!

surfertdr

your tank looks awesome. mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow and maybe i can get some pics up of the rock work i choose

gharner

i also have the aquapod 12. still getting started. waiting to finish cycling. with the rock work, pick interesting rocks with curves, holes, caves, ect. then after it is in the tank just play around with it for a few hours till you find something that looks good.
good luck and cant wait to see pics