New Aquapod 24

mz3bmx

Hey guys new to the forum and I just wanna say awesome info on here!
I've been researching for 2 weeks now and decided to purchase a 24 gallon Aquapod with 150W HQI Metal Halide System from ************** since they were selling it $60 cheaper than any other site. I had plan on starting my cycle for my future reef tank when it arrived today and well it arrived... a HUGE disappointment...
I have a feeling this tank isn't quite fish ready lol

mz3bmx

I called customer service and started off by telling them how It was completely shattered and that I sliced my thumb open when I was removing the packaging due to the tiny pieces of glass everywhere. Not sure if you ever got cut with glass but for some reason it doesn't stop bleeding.
Anyways from that point on the lady was freaking out and kept asking how my thumb was probably fear of me trying to sue them or something lol... She went to speak with her supervisor because it was a 2 piece package and they don't know if they can ship just the aquapod without the light system. When she came back she informed me that they had to contact the storage department and find out because they had no idea. Apparently they're suppose to call me within 24 hours and let me know whats up. So as of right now I am sitting here patiently with my seasalt, hydrometer, live sand, and test kit lol

oceana

well that sucks. no worries though. I have no doubt they will replace it. chances are you can even get them to oevr night a new on to ya for your troubles.

perfectdark

I bought an Oceanic biocube display model about a year and a half ago. No box carry out as is. I got it home walked through my door and .... yep... slip, slice, crash... all over my dinning room floor. Not a good day. However, oceanic did good and replaced the entire thing no issues at all. Thumbs up to them.

rebelprettyboy

Bet that put a dark cloud over ur day.
Sorry about that man. But they prolly will overnight the new one to u if u ask them too.
Sorry to hear about ur tank though

mz3bmx

I called them again, had to speak with 3 different people and they said they're not sure if they can overnight the package because it comes direct from the manufacturer, pretty much BS considering when you purchase the item there's an option for overnight delivery lol... horrible customer service

A

alexa11

are you serious?!? thats horrible! Man, you are enduring a test in the development of patience and detatchment this week! I don't think I'd be developing those things though if I was in your shoes.....they could send the next one to you for free. Maybe your thumb is beginning to fester...and maybe you need to go to the doctor for a check up due to the infection, and maybe you can tell them this on the phone! They have insurance on what they send out anyway.

nissan577

no man that's really f up. Just get your money back. Or report your post office. If the box says fragile then it shouldn't get there like that. Does the box look like it was kick or it fell

A

alexmir

thats absolutely ridiculous!!! I cant imagine being that excited to have it come in, and it be broken. Then get another one, and that one break too.
I have my 12G coming in tomorrow and i would DIE if i opened the box to that. Mabye you have a P.E.T.A freak at the post office, and they dont want you putting fish in glass boxes??? i mean sounds stupid, but something is definitely up.
I would call the website (not allowed to post names out of respect for SWF.com) and say that you want a 100$ gift card to their site, and if you dont get it you will have a doc. look at your finger because the frustration is causing it to swell.

mz3bmx

Nah the box looks fine fedex guys must be throwing this thing around.
I was in my room and heard a loud thud when I looked outside it was the fedex dude dropping my package at the door step like he didn't give a sh*t!
I called them back told them the situation AGAIN and demanded they repackage it with lots of styrofoam and bubble wrap and to overnight it to me. So hopefully all goes well this time!!!

spiderwoman

Did you call and talk to the supervisor at your local FedEx location? They know who delivered the package, he needs to be responsible for his actions too. Also call the vendor and demand your money back.