New Aquapod 24

mz3bmx

AT LAST the tank arrived in ONE piece!!! Inspected the entire tank for any cracks. No cracks but did find a scratch in the back next to the pump probably caused by the pump moving around during shipping. Its deep enough to the point where your fingernails get caught inside the scratch. Should this be a concern, if so could i just spread some sealant on it? Oh and I should be able to perform a leak test tomorrow.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2788481
AT LAST the tank arrived in ONE piece!!! Inspected the entire tank for any cracks. No cracks but did find a scratch in the back next to the pump probably caused by the pump moving around during shipping. Its deep enough to the point where your fingernails get caught inside the scratch. Should this be a concern, if so could i just spread some sealant on it? Oh and I should be able to perform a leak test tomorrow.
Just seal it.. no need to chance wasting more time.

mz3bmx

Finally got the tank setup and its now on day 4 of the cycling process. Tossed in 15LBS of LR and around 28Lbs of live sand. Once I get more rock ill fix up the aquascaping a bit.DAY 1
I took the pic like 30mins after putting in the water so it's still very cloudy

Anybody know what this bubbly thing is?

DAY 4

I've noticed what looks to be a brine shrimp going throughout the inside of the rocks. Everytime it sees me it hides so I cant take any pics of it and it moves very fast. Should the shrimp be of any concern to the tank? I've also noticed that orange rust like spots have been appearing on my rock. Does anybody what this is and is it bad?
Day 4 Levels

pH:
Ammonia:
0.50 - 1.0
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
5 - 10

rotarymagic

looks like part of an encrusting montipora... maybe it'll live..
All the orange stuff is fine... maybe sponge or algae... cured, established live rock is NOT bleach white lol... shouldn't be sterile looking either..
BTW you need ALOT more rock! lol

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mz3bmx
http:///forum/post/2807548
thanks again Rotary
oh yea...
Salinity:
get it up to 1.025 over the next few days.. try to top off with saltwater till it raises it. 1.022 is alittle low for best reef invert results..