New Aquapod 24

mz3bmx

150W HQI 12 hours on and 12 hours off as recommended by other members on the forum. There's also blue and white lunar lights which Im not sure when to run them. Now when I do get fish, what time schedule do you suggest I run these lights?

mz3bmx

6 Hours each for a total of 18 hours or 6 hours total for all the lights and any particular order i should be using them? btw subielover you driving a Sti by any chance? lol

subielover

The lunar lights are moon lights, like a night light. So 6 hours halides on, 18 hours moon lights on. Unless you can figure a way to get an actinic light in there too, but I wouldn't know how to

And yes I used to have an 05 STI. Now I have a GC8 Impreza

mz3bmx

Im guessing the GC8 is putting down more than the Sti? lol
I was going to trade in my car for a '05 Sti because IMO the body style is waaaay better than the '07 and '09 but with college I think its wise if I wait it out.
Custom CBE, Fujita CAI, Eibach Springs, not much aftermarkets for mz3

-tara33-

deffinently wait at least 2 more weeks and just wipe the algae off all the glass with a algae scrubber and you can to a small water change if you want also there is no real need to run lights for that long if there is no corals i only put the lights on for one hour a day when cycling a tank and that way you dont get as much nuesence algae, it dosnt affect the cycle at all but good luck with the new tank

mz3bmx

A couple of days ago I come home from work after leaving my HQI lighting on for 8 hours and the tank was full of algae! It was pretty much time for a water change so I scrapped the glass and performed a 5 gallon change. Next day I leave the HQI on for 6 hours only to come back to a tank that I could hardly see into due to the algae AGAIN!?! I've read about people turning off their lights completely until they resolve this issue. Now will this have any affect on the inhabitants in my tank mainly the xenia and goniopora? Any other suggestions on getting rid of the algae? I do use a RO/DI filter for my water.
This is after scrapping the glass but you can see the algae that I'm talking about (I'm working on getting more LR lol)

mz3bmx

Its been a while since i last posted about my tank and it was due to the fact that it was doing so well, until now. The tank has been up for almost 3 months now and I've noticed a bloom of what looks like brown algae growing all over the rocks and sand. Could this be the same diatom algae that occurred during the cycling stage??

cal559

Whats your water levels look like?
Did you add any live rock recently? could cause mini cycle...
Post some pictures of your tank...