New Aquarium

stanlalee

standard 30g is 36" long. 30g tall is 30" long
the other fish you have will do fine in an established 30 gallon for the mean time even though you are literally at the limit of what it can sustain. I can tell you now tomato clowns get pretty big and attitude will grow nastier with size. full grown they are more of a 55gallon and up fish, especially a pair. Two full size tomatos and a full size LM blenny will need more room than a 30g. By the time it becomes an issue you'll either want a bigger tank or be out of the hobby so I wouldn't worry about it now. You wont be able to add anything suitable for your tank as long as you insist on having damsels. once established they wont let anything even remotely the same size coexist peacefully with them. after a while either the damsels are going to harrass you clowns or you clowns are going to grow too big for the tank, whichever comes first. so I think down the road you are going to have a few decisions to make.
be sure you are feeding your blenny algae sheets. some will eat whatever the other fish eat but unless you have an algae problem they will need a supplemental herbivore food.

sedna

Just my experience, but I have had the best luck (i.e. gotten the best prices, best service) by shopping online for all of my hardware. Everyone, including the folks on SWF seem to have a particular brand they favor, etc, and it can be hard for a new-b like me to balance all of the pros and cons.
I have had the experience of walking into several stores and having to almost physically resist the hard pressure sales from some of the staff. "Oh, you don't want that ____, you neeed a _____."
Best thing about the internet for me, too, is that I've saved over $1K buying online and waiting 2-3 days instead of having to have it right now.
Good luck with your decisions.
:happyfish :happyfish