New Aquascape!!!

azfishgal

OK, so 9 hours later and a bump on the head (hit the canopy door, OUCH!). My husband and I finally got my tank the way I want......for now.
I don't have anymore sand surface like I was wanting. I decided not to disturb the base rock that is barried in my tank. I'll save the "more sand surface area" for when I move. BUT, I still got the overhangs I was looking for and lots more bridges and tunnels for the fish. Unfortunatley my camera could not pick everything up, but we are getting a Nikon D40 soon so until then, my little camera will have to do. Maybe my new camera will not make my tank look as blue.
OK, this is a before shot....

And this is after.....

My biggest prayer now......that my anemones don't move.

nano reefer

i like it a lot. To be honest i dont like that flat rock on the far right, but other than that great improvement.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Nano Reefer
i like it a lot. To be honest i dont like that flat rock on the far right, but other than that great improvement.
It actually looks better in person, but I think once the coraline is covering it, it will look more in place. The picture does make it look a little funky though.

Originally Posted by MaTT B

wow looks GREAT just hope those rocks dont fall!! man that would be a fun day
Well, I went through 3 tubes of Aquamend, so I don't think that rock is going anywhere.

I'm actually not completely done with it. I need about three more pieces to complete it, but that will have to wait until next week or so. Before I had lots of holes and hiding places for my fish, but once my tangs grew to full size they would not have many places to swim through, so I thought of them being 10" - 12" long when I was working on it.

azfishgal

Wait! Did you mean the flat rock on the far right or far LEFT? The one on the right is actually my favorite one but all opinions are welcome, so thankyou for being honest.

nano reefer

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Wait! Did you mean the flat rock on the far right or far LEFT? The one on the right is actually my favorite one but all opinions are welcome, so thankyou for being honest.
yup, i meant far left. I should go back to school.

azfishgal

yup, i meant far left. I should go back to school.

OK good because you scared me. I mean the right side is a masterpiece!!!
But yes, the left side has a "man made" look to it and would you believe, it gave us the biggest headache. No seriously, that's when I hit my head on the canopy door and now I have a nice shiner to prove it. (OUCH!) Anyway, I'm hoping once it's covered in coraline and the acro that you can barely see grows, it will look a lot better. I'll stick one or two more SPS up there to help with the look.

bjoe23

Looks great, i like the rocks in the middle with the flat rocks sticking out on both sides. Looking good

A

azul1994

Wow i really like it! Are you going to add anymore rock or keep the way it is now?

azfishgal

Thanks everyone. I'm very excited about my tank now.
It's been up for almost a year and though I've enjoyed it I've always thought it could look better. Well I think I'm now satisfied with how it looks. I may add 2 or 3 more pieces but it won't change the over-all look.
Here are some more pics that I took today to give you some different angles. I really think my fish like it, there are a LOT more pillars, bridges, and caves to swim through now.

This picture was taken on the far left side of the tank, looking from the side.

My next order of business is to scrape the green algea off the glass.

ccampbell57

One word...SICKNESS!!! I LOVE the shelfs that you put in. I am a big fan of that look.
The only thing I would add in the future would be a nice thick "Y" piece of Tonga branch to the right and underneath the shelf on the right.
Great job AZ!

teresaq

your tank looks great. nice job. Mine is done, but I didnt take any pictures yet. I am waiting for my new lights. I also would like some tonga branch I think to complete it.

myzislow

Looks a lot better
I think it will look insane once the rock gets some color and you add some more corals. Good job!!