New aquascaping...rate

joker_ca

that is alot of rock
but you have some nice rock, try to stay away from the brick wall effect try for some passages, caves, mover over hangs that would look better but nice tank:happyfish

fishy411

i've seen some people make tunnels with PVC pipe. I think its a good idea as long as u dont make the tunnels too long

russianspy

Originally posted by lionfish12
i agree that it is too much rock but its his tank and he can do what he wants with it.

:eek: How u'ved changed :eek:

reefer44

if your going sps i would take half of it out, 'cause i think they look much better with open spaces (but some ppl think my tank needs more rock)....i guess its all in the eye of the beholder.....what makes you happy is what is going to be the best thing in the long run
Brad

kpk

I actually really like the look of it as of now. It has alot more "holes, passegways" than you can see in the pic. One of the reasons I did keep all of it is because it's such nice rock. Another thing is that I took out about 50-60lbs that I didn't like. If anyone needs some base rock I will sell it. Some branches, some base etc. Thanks for all your opinions, keep em coming.
Kyle

calvindo

Originally posted by lionfish12
i agree that it is too much rock but its his tank and he can do what he wants with it.

LOL

ummmm, kpk wanted some feedbacks. so we gave him some. None of us said anything bad about his set up.

kpk

Yeah, everything is cool, I asked and everyone told me. It probably is a little much, but it will stay for awhile.
Thanks monti didn't know anyone liked my tank like that. All the frags are doing good. I just added my ca reactor, as you know, and everything should start doing alot better. Do you have any closer up pics?

montidanae

yeah, wghen i got my cal reactor a few months ago i noticed everything doing great!
and all the new frags i have been getting are growing by the day my prised larryjackson acro is grow a couple centimeters a day!
but alot of bad things happen in my tank also, rocks lik to fall in my tank, i havent had my hand int he tank for a few weeks and everything has been ok!
so i hope everything starts to take off also. SPS is great.....

kpk

It is great isn't it. I am hoping everything will get better and better. I am definitly getting better growth since the new protein skimmer, and my alk/ca levels are really getting good. I have the ca reactor set at 60ml ph, and 30 bubbles per hour, and my ca isn't coming up at all, but the alk is about 8 now, but was at 9 the other day. Should I up the dosage?
Jann, the rock I want to sell will be dry, you know that? I will get a pic tommorrow if possible.

kpk

Monti, sorry, I didn't mean that I meant per minute (all the pumps are gph, confusing, lol). And it is actually about 32 bubbles.