New Auction Site

gman08016

Don't think i will be selling anything if there going to take 5%.Think its going to make people go to other fish website and use there free selling boards.Just my opinion

coral keeper

Originally Posted by gman08016
http:///forum/post/2815553
Don't think i will be selling anything if there going to take 5%.Think its going to make people go to other fish website and use there free selling boards.Just my opinion

5% is really not that much. If you sell something for $100, they will only take $5. If you sell something for $50, they will only take $2.50. Not much at all...

This really sucks, this was a nice site to sell and buy on people didn't set the prices so high that no one would buy. I guess if your going to sell on this site you'll have to add 5% to the price.

beansandmia

Also the paypal fee sellers get stuck with on top of the saltwaterfish fee is like 10% then from each sale gone out the window.

stubbbs

Seriously, are you people really complaining about 5%. I'm not saying I want to pay it but seriously...have you ever ran a business? nothing is free. They purchased the site, they host the site, they manage and monitor the site and they create the many forums that we love to use FOR FREE! Just add 5% to any agreed upon price (Call It SWF Tax) and move on. Its still nicer to browse here (FOR FREE) instead of always driving to the LFS. 5%? I would have lost 10x's that from trying to learn how to do all this stuff by trial and error. How much money do you think they lose every year by hosting a forum for their competitors, who by the way are you selling your goods that they also sell on THEIR site. You don't see Starbucks selling Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Just my thoughts...I would gladly pay a 5% fee to SWF to keep the Board open.

paintballer768

Saltwaterfish.com is running a new auction site for selling in the new sticky. I will use it, I like the official-ness of it. I dont mind 5% either. Kudos to SWF for taking the risk :)
The normal boards now is nice, yet theres always a looming threat in your head if you were to be getting taken or not.

spanko

So does this mean that SWF now backs up the seller as a valid seller, not a scam? I guess I mean is there some kind of background check done on the seller to ensure buyers of their honesty?

m0nk

I have mixed feelings about this move. While I do truly see the need to keep abuse down and avoid competition for the host site, I also don't feel that I'll be using the new site to sell things. I so rarely did (only had like 3 or 4 threads in either classified section) and don't see much point in registering and paying 5% on sales that don't bring in any real money anyway. I'm sure it'll be useful still for those who often sell frags to keep up supplies tho; 5% off of something is still better than nothing.

valeram

Originally Posted by stubbbs
http:///forum/post/2815777
Seriously, are you people really complaining about 5%. I'm not saying I want to pay it but seriously...have you ever ran a business? nothing is free. They purchased the site, they host the site, they manage and monitor the site and they create the many forums that we love to use FOR FREE! Just add 5% to any agreed upon price (Call It SWF Tax) and move on. Its still nicer to browse here (FOR FREE) instead of always driving to the LFS. 5%? I would have lost 10x's that from trying to learn how to do all this stuff by trial and error. How much money do you think they lose every year by hosting a forum for their competitors, who by the way are you selling your goods that they also sell on THEIR site. You don't see Starbucks selling Dunkin Donuts Coffee. Just my thoughts...I would gladly pay a 5% fee to SWF to keep the Board open.
Usually people who are hosting web sites get some income from advertisement.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2815797
So does this mean that SWF now backs up the seller as a valid seller, not a scam? I guess I mean is there some kind of background check done on the seller to ensure buyers of their honesty?
Interested in this also Spanko..however, as I posted in the original thread regarding the change.
The seller may be good but PAYPAL does nothing to protect the buyer in the case of live goods and I do mean NOTHING!!