New Auction Site

gman08016

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2815567
5% is really not that much. If you sell something for $100, they will only take $5. If you sell something for $50, they will only take $2.50. Not much at all...
Your right not much now but add the paypal fees plus way shipping cost has went up.Personally i don't sell enough to do it but i can see why there doing it.Some people have made it a business selling off of this site and should be charged a fee for doing it.

perfectdark

I can understand why they are doing it... but it doesnt mean I have to agree with it. I think 5% is a bit much, but what I really do not lika at all is the trading, no money exchange but yet they are going to charge you $2.00 per swap...No one is making money on that deal why should SWF charge for it. They dont charge if your frag doesnt sell...but yet you trade and there is a fee?

chris22582

I like the site and I can kinda understand there point in it. I do think getting money in on a trade is bad business practice tho. There is no money changing hands so it seems a bit unfair. When I get enough growth to start selling I might try it but for sure not doing trades threw here.

reefkprz

I dont really see the problem.
again this falls under the category of, if you dont like the rules they apply to their site use a different one.
personally I would rather not pay 5% but Que sera, sera. (whatever will be, will be.)
why sweat the small stuff.

steelgluer

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2815880
Interested in this also Spanko..however, as I posted in the original thread regarding the change.
The seller may be good but PAYPAL does nothing to protect the buyer in the case of live goods and I do mean NOTHING!!
I agree with this about paypal 100percent. I have a thing going on with them from that E auction site and I had to get the postmaster general involved in because paypal wont do anything at all about it. The seller/paypal could be facing a very very very harsh outcome. You can go and look up on google about paypal look at all the people they screwed.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by SteelGluer
http:///forum/post/2815992
I agree with this about paypal 100percent. I have a thing going on with them from that E auction site and I had to get the postmaster general involved in because paypal wont do anything at all about it. The seller/paypal could be facing a very very very harsh outcome. You can go and look up on google about paypal look at all the people they screwed.
Good luck Steel! It is definately a battle (been through it a few times)

codylowe

I don't really agree with it, but i also don't sell on here much anymore. I still love this site, but I have been dwindling off to others lately because of rules like this.

greenreefer

it sucks they didn't tie into the same user base so now anyone can go sign up with someone else's username from here and people will think's it's them. This has been home for a long time, but I'm not sure how much longer. it's just too hard to be active in two different sites and I don't think the auction site has a prayer without being directly tied to a board.